Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

"Last Minute" release of upgrade seats?

Old Jun 15, 2019, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know whether if J is showing good availability at T-24 whether EI entertain Avios upgrades of revenue Y tix without there being explicit U-class availability? I'm looking for 3 upgrades SEA-DUB in December and of course currently the flight shows U0. Tomorrow is also the last day to xfer Chase UR points to Avios with a 30% bonus, so that would see me free and clear for the 3 tix. But I don't want to do the Avios conversion if the likelihood of getting upgrades is slim to none...

Would setting an EF alert for U seats on the flight be a smart idea?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 4:50 am

I wouldn't be banking on 3 seats opening up in business at all. 1 maybe 2, but I think 3 is fairly rare.

Side note, didn't realise there was a promo for chase points to BAEC on now so thanks for that notification I just made the cut off for it!.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: United, AA
I missed that special! Does Chase do that often? I have never seen that before.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.