Wiki Posts
Search

Athens Lounges

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Athens Lounges

No lounge access listed on EI lounge page for Athens. On the airport page I see three listed. One for non Schengen departures. Would that be the one to go for? Anyone been ? All help appreciated!
Old May 19, 2019, 8:58 am

Goldair opposite gate A11 is the nicest. Aer Lingus used to have an unofficial agreement with Swissport for lounge . A few weeks back I noticed they still had them on their list so maybe try your luck there although it was due to close. Personally I use Aegean Airlines from Dublin to Athens and not Aer Lingus so have not needed to gain access based on my EI status. If you have Priority Pass head to Goldair.

Old May 19, 2019, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Good stuff. Thanks. Don't have priority pass. Can you pay at the desk at these lounges? Might try Swissport and if I can't get in I'll pay.
Old May 20, 2019, 2:10 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Officially no lounge at Athens. Check in in person and see what happens, i got handed an invite but that was some time ago.

If you do get to the Swissport lounge, the staff do stamp priority security on the boarding card which helps as the lounge is before security

Agree on Aegean though great airline and its a 4+ hour flight so the free meal and booze on Aegean is worth it
Old May 20, 2019, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Officially no lounge at Athens. Check in in person and see what happens, i got handed an invite but that was some time ago.

If you do get to the Swissport lounge, the staff do stamp priority security on the boarding card which helps as the lounge is before security

Agree on Aegean though great airline and its a 4+ hour flight so the free meal and booze on Aegean is worth it

Before security? That's odd no?

Might try the other one. Goldair.

Don't Aegean fly over night? Not a fan of that within Europe.
Old May 20, 2019, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ROKNA
The Swissport Lounge is definitely not before security. It is well after security and adjacent to Gate A12.

From last year, Aer Lingus is no longer on the list.

alserire likes this.

Last edited by SFO777; May 20, 2019 at 8:18 am
Old May 20, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
It was before security last time I was there and that was after the official lounge access was removed, these things change quite frequently

TXL, CDG and FRA are also before security for reference so it is no uncommon and worth watch out for
Old May 20, 2019, 11:35 am

Just for clarity ALL lounges are now after security as the whole security areas were changed. For Non Schengen it is now done right after the passport control booths. Also my photo above was taken just a few weeks ago so the Aer Lingus logo has been put on there since last year which is when the older photo was taken by SFO777.
Old May 20, 2019, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Just for clarity ALL lounges are now after security as the whole security areas were changed. For Non Schengen it is now done right after the passport control booths. Also my photo above was taken just a few weeks ago so the Aer Lingus logo has been put on there since last year which is when the older photo was taken by SFO777.

Appears you can't book Swissport but you can book Goldair so I'll prpbably go with that. Thanks to everyone for your replies.
DELLAS likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Do not book golden air lounge in advance. EI now using satellite terminal gates A30-43. Cannot access the other A gates or the lounge due to separate passport control.

Cost me €24 to find that out.

Anyone know if if I would have any recourse to getting my money back?

As an aside the satellite terminal is carnage. Few facilities. One shop. Few food outlets and not enough seats. Poor show overall. I’d imagine it’ll be a rush for overhead space too. Can’t see my AerClub card making a difference as I’ll be stunned if they pre board members.

Last edited by alserire; Jun 13, 2019 at 2:07 am
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Booked through loungepass.com. They refused to refund me. Said that the website said that the lounge was not accessible from the satellite terminal, which is true. It did say that. But it did not say that these were also listed as A gates (30-43) even though they were on the other side of the airport. Said I should have checked with EI as to which gate they use! How can an airline confirm a gate with 100% certainty? In fact, on the flight back, we were due to pull into one of the 400s but it was blocked and we ended up at 335E in DUB. Nice €24 for them without having to provide any kind of service.

Be very careful of loungepass.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.