Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Baggage allowance on award flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Northwest, United

I've got a couple EI award flights coming up in July (booked with United miles) flying on Stobart Air metal (DUB to EDI and return). Award tickets are for economy (booked at the "Saver" level, though I doubt that's in the mix).

What rule governs baggage allowance for these award flights?

On their website, this flight clearly falls under "Flights within Europe" but they have baggage allowances labeled S, M, L and XL (nothing conveniently labeled "award flights booked with partner points"). So which of these buckets do I fall into with an award ticket?

Thanks!
Old May 15, 2019, 11:17 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
1 20kg bag is the allowance for tickets booked with Avios.

Once you book an award flight you will get a pdf booking confirmation which will show the baggage allowance.

Old May 16, 2019, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
What rule governs baggage allowance for these award flights?
Your luggage allowance will be as stated in the e-ticket/travel documents provided by the ticket issuer. Check the documentation you received from Mileage Plus.

While not applicable to your case, tickets issued using Avios appear as "Saver" on the Aer Lingus website/boarding passes, often with no mention of a checked baggage allowance, although the e-ticket and documentation provided by Avios shows an allowance of 1 20kg bag. Always carry your e-ticket and supporting documentation with you, as otherwise the check-in agent may interpret your "Saver" fare as requiring additional payment for your checked luggage, even if your e-ticket indicates you have a free baggage allowance.

If there is no indication of a checked baggage allowance, then you must assume that you will have to pay for any checked luggage.
Attached Images  

Last edited by irishguy28; May 16, 2019 at 10:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.