Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Skipping a leg on an Aer Lingus /JetBlue itinerary

Old May 8, 19, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

My friend booked a roundtrip flight PIT-BOS-DUB-GLA and already made it to Glasgow. She booked through JetBlue, but JetBlue only operates to Pittsburgh to Boston legs.

She now decided she has some extra time and wants to visit Dublin and head there early. She called both Aer Lingus and JetBlue to see if she could just skip the GLA-DUB leg on the return. JetBlue could remove it, but they would charge a change fee and recalculate the fare, which is expensive. Both airlines claimed they would not cancel further legs if she missed that segment, but neither was sure what would happen since there were multiple airlines on the ticket. I know this is normally not the case with other airlines, and they will cancel remaining legs. Does anyone know the specific policies (or have personal experience) with this for Aer Lingus or JetBlue?
Old May 8, 19, 10:47 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Aer Lingus policy would be to cancel the ticket if you do not use the ticket in the order ticketed, thats whats in the terms and conditions.

If you wish to remove a segment then the fare must be recalculated

Best option is to get a cheap ticket GLA-DUB-GLA
Old May 9, 19, 2:58 am

Programs: EK Gold, EI Elite, BA Silver
Aer Lingus will 100% cancel the onwards DUB-BOS if your friend doesn't use the GLA-DUB flight.
I witnessed this at EI checkin recently, someone had bought JFK-DUB-LHR as it was cheaper than direct to DUB. They had obviously gotten off in DUB, but then when they arrived back for their return journey the ticket had been cancelled

Search this Thread