Cabin baggage 5cm bigger

Old Apr 28, 19, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Cabin baggage 5cm bigger

Hi!
I'm going to fly with Aer Lingus to Dublin and my cabin baggage is 5 cm bigger in height. Do you think it would be a problem? Please, help a girl who wants to take outfits options 😅
Old Apr 29, 19, 2:11 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
If its 5 cm longer than the published then you have a problem if the bag is square as the bins are curved on the inside, it won't fit
Old Apr 29, 19, 3:18 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Silver, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Also - depending on where you are flying from a larger roll-on is very likely to be noticed and force checked as hold baggage. Eg at LHR pretty much every roll-on gets challenged at check-in (if noticed by one of the agents) and many get challenged at the departure gate.
Old Apr 29, 19, 1:03 pm

Programs: AerClub - Platinum
News to me. The amount of over sized carry on I see being brought onto EI metal is astounding. Cannot see how 5 cm would make a difference. Very unlikely to be challenged unless it's a regional route operated by Stobart/Cityjet.
Old Apr 29, 19, 4:05 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
The limit is 55 * 40 * 24

There is some leeway in the 24 a little in 40 and none in 55 as the bag won't fit in the overhead unless its turned on its side and takes up the room of two bags
Old May 4, 19, 3:37 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
I have seen pax get on in LHR with a full back ruck sack and a front one as well.

While I stand in a suit in little more than a laptop bag and get stopped everytime!

Search this Thread