Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus staff to ballot for industrial action

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Aer Lingus aircraft loaders at Dublin Airport are to ballot for industrial action after fears arose over outsourcing.

The move comes after staff accused management of bringing in outside trainers from Manchester to train Dublin-based workers on aircraft push-backs rather than using its own locally based training department, according to well-placed sources.

Tensions were also heightened at the airline's Cork base after an independent review of staff relations there raised "significant concerns".

In Dublin, loaders agreed to the ballot and decided that in the meantime they would turn down any extra duties such as overtime, said the sources.

http://www.independent.ie/business/a...-38010611.html
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:28 am

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
The usual ham fisted approach from EI Human Resources to its best asset...the staff. Back in the old days the Engineers marshaled in the aircraft and on departure walked the aircraft off the stand using a headset to communicate with the crew. I spoke to an aircraft dispatcher friend of mine who said that Industrial Relations are taking a bit of a hammering as EI now want to the aircraft dispatchers to perform these duties. No agreement has been reached with the unions but EI have gone ahead and advertised internally for new aircraft dispatchers and listed the contentious extra duties as part of the job description.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:35 am

Wow! its like being in UK manufacturing in the seventies, demarcation and no flexibility, else everyone out. Did wonders for the economy...not
alserire likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.