Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Site to view capacity

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Question Site to view capacity

I will be taking a very quick trip to FRA on the night of 4/18/19 from LAX to DUB to FRA. Just booked a coach seat and received an emai about potential upgrade bid. Can anyone tell me what the current confirmed load in business for this flight. the flight number is EI0144. Will help me decide if I will bid or not. Since it is only a quick trip (returning on Sunday) would like to upgrade the outbound so I arrive somewhat refreshed for my business on Saturday. The return is not so important.

Would appreciate any feedback.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Looks like 9 seats still available out of 22 based on a dummy booking. That's presuming that everyone is checked in, which they may not be. Looks like a busy flight in J. Back of the plane looks a lot quieter,
Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

thank you
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by HBFlyer
I will be taking a very quick trip to FRA on the night of 4/18/19 from LAX to DUB to FRA. Just booked a coach seat and received an emai about potential upgrade bid. Can anyone tell me what the current confirmed load in business for this flight. the flight number is EI0144. Will help me decide if I will bid or not. Since it is only a quick trip (returning on Sunday) would like to upgrade the outbound so I arrive somewhat refreshed for my business on Saturday. The return is not so important.

Would appreciate any feedback.
You can join ExpertFlyer on a trial and see the actual availability for all fare codes for that flight. I think they let you have a free week and some services are disabled.

You want to upgrade the long leg or both? Is it one flight number from LAX? One stop on FRA?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
You can join ExpertFlyer on a trial and see the actual availability for all fare codes for that flight. I think they let you have a free week and some services are disabled.

You want to upgrade the long leg or both? Is it one flight number from LAX? One stop on FRA?
It'll only be the long leg, no business EI europe routes.

I assume the OP is looking for business loading to try and judge how much to bid and not if to bid at all?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mccartje
It'll only be the long leg, no business EI europe routes.

I assume the OP is looking for business loading to try and judge how much to bid and not if to bid at all?
So ExpertFlyer is a good tool for that especially to see if they've dropped D or I fares and only sell J which would mean short supply unless J/D/I are all 0 already. IIRC there is a free period that includes that much.

If there are as many I as J, I'd bid low. Well, I wouldn't and would just buy J/D/I depending on terms but I'd think if they're willing to move discounted J fares on the leg, then the bid would be smaller.

Not sure if they show pricing on the trial version but you'd also learn the price differential for the fare classes including between PE and J to help with what they value seats for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.