Aer Lingus - Qantas end FF partnership

Old Mar 19, 19, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aerclub - Concierge, BA - Silver. Avis - Presidents Club
Aer Lingus - Qantas end FF partnership

I noticed today reports that Qantas FF program will no longer earn points on EI flights from 1st July. I assume this means that QF flights will no longer credit to aerclub either, however since you can easily earn avios using BA on QF its not such a big deal for us.

However EI reward flights will no longer be available to book by QF also so maybe this will see some availability impact but I'd say it's small enough.

Seems odd to end the partnership.
Old Mar 19, 19, 11:12 am

Article here :

EXCLUSIVE Aer Lingus’ partnership with the Qantas Frequent Flyer program will end on July 1 2019, when the airlines part ways and the ability to earn and redeem Qantas Points on Ireland's national airline is withdrawn.

On the earning side, Qantas cardholders can collect Qantas Points on eligible Aer Lingus airfares for travel up to and including June 30 2019, although flights flown from July 1 – including those already booked prior to today – will not be eligible for Qantas Points.

Using Qantas Points to book Aer Lingus flights will remain possible until June 30 2019, for travel through to June 2020 – so if you’re planning any trips to Ireland with Aer Lingus over the coming year, get those bookings in before July 1 or you’ll lose the opportunity.

As Aer Lingus isn’t a Oneworld alliance airline or a close strategic partner of Qantas, there are no frequent flyer tier benefits affected by this change, as perks like priority check-in and lounge access are not currently offered to Qantas Frequent Flyer members by Aer Lingus.

Any claims for missing Qantas Points from Aer Lingus flights flown until June 30 2019 this year must be lodged with Qantas Frequent Flyer by June 30 2020.

"No retrospective Qantas Points claims can be made after 30 June, 2020 ... for eligible travel on Aer Lingus (EI) flights operating on or prior to 30 June 2019," Qantas affirms.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-aer-...er-partnership

Search this Thread