Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus Credit card - Look what you can get as an American!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 11:55 am
Original Poster

I was on Avios.com and spotted what looked like a good deal on an Aer Lingus credit card. I'm quite jealous now, because Aer Lingus are offering better card deals to the US than in Ireland! 120,000 avios sign up bonus!

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/aerlingus/120K?CELL=6V0J
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:07 pm

Yeah the card has been around for about a year now. It's really the banks offering not ei. US reward credit cards is highly competitive market and the banks make more from transactions than they do in the eu allowing them to offer better perks.
DELLAS and MM00LL2 like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mccartje
Yeah the card has been around for about a year now. It's really the banks offering not ei. US reward credit cards is highly competitive market and the banks make more from transactions than they do in the eu allowing them to offer better perks.
Plus card fees for merchants are far higher in the US than elsewhere, so that helps to be able to afford perks. Of course, it's also been something American merchants have been unhappy about for years, hence the moves by them to try to discourage CC use or otherwise get them lowered.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by Kier
120,000 avios sign up bonus!
I don't think this would be called a sign-up bonus. You get 4 Avios per dollar spent for the first year, up to $30,000/120,000 Avios. The previous deal was 50,000 Avios after spending $3,000. I think the old deal was better, and I was just about to sign my wife up for it (I took advantage of it myself last year).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.