Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Help with Aer Lingus Booking Codes and Baggage Allowance

Old Mar 13, 19, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

I'm trying to find out if the flights I want on Aer Lingus do or do not include checked baggage. (I can't make the reservations on Aer Lingus' own website because I need three flights; Aer Lingus only allows you to make reservations for two flights, so I need make them somewhere else.)

On matrix.itasoftware.com, I'm seeing the following info., but I don't know what the booking codes mean (to those in the know, do the codes indicate whether or not a free checked bag is included?)--and note than when I click on "rules," I don't see anything about luggage...
​​​​​​Fare 1: Carrier EI WHSL19US MSP to AMS (rules)Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code W, ACovers MSP-DUB (Economy), DUB-AMS (Economy)$331.00Fare 2: Carrier EI AKDGDS26 KIR to DUB (rules)Passenger type ADT, one-way fare, booking code ACovers KIR-DUB (Economy)$20.54Fare 3: Carrier EI WHSL19US AMS to MSP (rules)Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code A, WCovers AMS-DUB (Economy), DUB-MSP (Economy)$331.00
Old Mar 13, 19, 1:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

You originally posted this in the Technical Support and Feedback forum. We will forward this post, with a trailing link to the forum it was originally posted in, for the best responses.

JDiver, Moderator
northfieldmn likes this.
Old Mar 13, 19, 2:09 pm

Programs: AerClub - Platinum
Originally Posted by northfieldmn View Post
I'm trying to find out if the flights I want on Aer Lingus do or do not include checked baggage. (I can't make the reservations on Aer Lingus' own website because I need three flights; Aer Lingus only allows you to make reservations for two flights, so I need make them somewhere else.)

On matrix.itasoftware.com, I'm seeing the following info., but I don't know what the booking codes mean (to those in the know, do the codes indicate whether or not a free checked bag is included?)--and note than when I click on "rules," I don't see anything about luggage...
​​​​​​Fare 1: Carrier EI WHSL19US MSP to AMS (rules)Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code W, ACovers MSP-DUB (Economy), DUB-AMS (Economy)$331.00Fare 2: Carrier EI AKDGDS26 KIR to DUB (rules)Passenger type ADT, one-way fare, booking code ACovers KIR-DUB (Economy)$20.54Fare 3: Carrier EI WHSL19US AMS to MSP (rules)Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code A, WCovers AMS-DUB (Economy), DUB-MSP (Economy)$331.00
Can't help with codes as I'm not that clever but the fares themselves look very cheap and are therefore likely saver fares which do NOT include checked baggage.

Why not book MSP-AMS-MSP as one flight and then KIR-DUB as a separate booking. That way you could book on EI site and check for fares that include checked baggage.

EDIT: Fares ex: MSP seem to be Smart fares which do include checked baggage.

Nonetheless if you can book all travel through EI website that would be the way to go.
Old Mar 13, 19, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! I'm obviously new at this!
alserire likes this.

Search this Thread