Where to credit Aer Lingus?

Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Where to credit Aer Lingus?

Hi All,

I'm a frequent flyer in United, and will be taking my first AI flight in two weeks in business class (IAD-DUB-BRS RT)
I purchased the ticket on EI stock and I was wondering where to credit, according to "WhereToCredit" says I can get %225 in AS, but not clear as to how much I can earn (if any) with UA as this is not 016 stock.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited by justsawaufo; Mar 4, 2019 at 1:58 pm
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
First off, the obvious place to earn miles is in Aer Lingus' own programme, Aer Club. (The Avios you earn there can be transferred freely between your BA Executive Club account and/or Iberia Plus account should you have either).

Secondly, you can find the earning rules for Aer Lingus flights in United Mileage Plus here. Note, however, that if you have a discount business class ticket it is likely not going to earn anything (only J, C, D appear in the earning table).

And finally - AI is Air India. EI is Aer Lingus.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
First off, the obvious place to earn miles is in Aer Lingus' own programme, Aer Club. (The Avios you earn there can be transferred freely between your BA Executive Club account and/or Iberia Plus account should you have either).

Secondly, you can find the earning rules for Aer Lingus flights in United Mileage Plus here. Note, however, that if you have a discount business class ticket it is likely not going to earn anything (only J, C, D appear in the earning table).

And finally - AI is Air India. EI is Aer Lingus.
Thank you.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott LT Platinum
I would not credit to United. If not on United ticket stock, you get 0 PQD, 0 PQM, 0 PQS and you earn award miles based on distance flown with no business class bonus. This is flying in J or C. It's pretty abysmal. Even if flying on United ticket stock you only get PQD and award miles based on PQD (better than distance but still no PQM).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.