Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Media statement aircraft delivery delays forces changes to Summer 2019

Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Media Statement:

Aircraft delivery delays have necessitated Aer Lingus make the following changes to our summer 2019 schedule:

- Postponement of the commencement of the Dublin to Montreal service, due to start on 8th August, to summer 2020

- Temporary reduction in frequency on four transatlantic routes (DUB-PHL, DUB-MSP, DUB-BDL, SNN–JFK) during July

All guests booked to fly on affected flights are being accommodated on alternative flights. Aer Lingus wishes to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

https://mediacentre.aerlingus.com/ne...edule?ref=Home
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Guess the LRs are going to be even later than planned. Interesting they culled YUL entirely and reduced SNN-JFK. That’s going to get some people very upset!

I wonder if the training and familisariation flights will still happen? Any chance the freed up aircraft might be used to the canaries, etc instead of YUL? Or is it as simple as late arrivals?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
If they say it's due to late deliveries, then it most likely is due to late deliveries.

It seems highly implausible that Airbus would deliver the planes on time but that Aer LIngus would instead lie about it, rebook and inconvenience customers, and then fly the LRs to the Canaries (?) instead.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:04 pm

The long YUL delay till summer 2020 might be influenced by likely low numbers for the winter period to Montreal. I think YUL service was due to start in August but if the delay in delivery for this route means it even arriving in December/January maybe better to start it up once high season kicks in again even if they had the aircraft ready to go beforehand. So if that was the case then you might see greater use on winter sun destinations. Or it is a genuine 6+ month delay on some of the aircraft scheduled in. Hard to know exactly.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: AA, BA, AF, Marriott, Radisson, Priority Club (Gold), HHonors
They also cancelled the Friday DUB-MIA flight for the summer season - which connects everybody planning a Saturday departure cruise! It was either a 16 hour trip via ORD or take an extra day off and fly out the day before to MCO, So we were hit with an extra overnight in MCO and car rental to get us to MIA. Luckily our agent stepped in and covered the cost, but it's infuriating
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:25 pm

MSP flight moved up to July 1

I was booked on the inaugural MSP to DUB flight and DUB to YUL flight, and Aer Lingus texted me with a notice a few days ago about the cancellation but never got back with me with a new plan, as promised within 24 hours.

After literally hackling their twitter team, they finally inform me that the new Minneapolis St Paul flight, despite with a reduced schedule, will have a newer and earlier inaugural flight date. The flight will begin on July 1, instead of July 8, according to the twitter team. They offered me a free change to the new inaugural date but I am still in Asia on July 1.

I think I will ask for a refund but hopefully some of you who are flying the MSP inaugural flights will at least know the new earlier starting date. I really hope Aer Lingus will release a new proper press release in the next few days.

Carfield
Carfield

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.