FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aer Lingus | AerClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub-718/)
-   -   Clubroom Lounge BHX (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub/1958937-clubroom-lounge-bhx.html)

pat jordan Mar 2, 2019 8:44 am

Clubroom Lounge BHX

Clubroom Lounge Birmingham International Airport.

On a recent visit to BHX, I made my way to the No 1 Lounge which is the designated lounge for Aer Lingus Aer Club passengers. At the reception desk, I was offered the opportunity to upgrade to the newly opened Clubroom Lounge, located adjacent to the departure gates normally used by Aer Lingus. This lounge also had it’s own toilet facilities and for an additional £6 it was in my opinion was a veritable bargain.

Having paid the fee, I was given a handwritten note to present to the staff at the Clubroom Lounge where I was very warmly welcomed. I was shown a flight information screen located close to the entrance.

The décor and seating are of a very high standard and there is a relaxing feel to the lounge as soon as one enters.

I was handed food and drink menus, and took a seat at a very nicely presented dining table where I found nice cutlery and napery. I ordered white bean soup and an all day breakfast from the menu, with a glass of sparkling wine to wash it down.

The soup was beautifully presented in a large dish with a bread stick and was delicious. The breakfast was equally well presented (particularly the poached egg) and very nice indeed.

After eating, I settled in to a comfortable armchair beside a (much needed!) charging point for my phone and spent the remainder of my time reading.

The lounge staff are incredibly friendly and at no time was my glass empty. In addition, I was asked whether I would like anything further to eat. Having enjoyed the all day breakfast so much, and given that it was early evening, I asked if I could have another one. Of course you can was the response, and in truth I got the distinct impression that had I wanted to indulge in even more food, this would have been served in an equally pleasant manner! I was also reminded of the selection of small and delectable desserts on a stand.

The toilets are small but very nice, and offer L’Occitane toiletries

On entering the Clubroom lounge, I was immediately struck by the sumptuous feel of the décor and furnishings. The staff were particularly welcoming and helpful: at no time did I have to call somebody to replenish my drink. The quality (and indeed quality) of the food is excellent.

For Aer Lingus passengers, this lounge is literally a few steps away from the departure gates.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in the Clubroom Birmingham, and highly recommend a visit!