FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aer Lingus | AerClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub-718/)
-   -   Aerclub - Avis promo 1500 bonus avios (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub/1958743-aerclub-avis-promo-1500-bonus-avios.html)

mccartje Mar 1, 2019 3:16 am

Aerclub - Avis promo 1500 bonus avios

For those car renters out there, noticed on the site today that there is a 1500 avios bonus for 2+ day rentals for booking in March for rental period until 30th April. Must be a group C or higher to qualify. This will go along with the min 500 avios for <3 day rentals or 700 avios 3+ day rentals.

Not sure if you can avail of this offer multiple times...

Interestingly this is better than the BA avis offer just launched (only 800 bonus for 3+ day rentals) and comes after an Iberia offer last month which is handy timing.

mccartje Apr 9, 2019 4:36 am

Anyone else try to use this offer? I've received the base avios for my rentals but no bonus (yet anyway).

MM00LL2 Dec 29, 2019 12:03 pm

OT apologies for dragging up old thread. Similar promotion ran in October 2019. I tried to participate but as yet have not received any points. Tried to retro claim from Avis but they rejected because " rental has already been processed by Avis and passed to membership programme for validation". So I contacted Aerlingus who redirected my claim to Avios website which redirects me to Avis!!!

Any suggestions on how to get a resolution? Thanks

Update 30/12. Processed on 19/12. Rental dated 12/10. Missing 1,400 Avios posted. Must be the magic of christmas!

mccartje Dec 29, 2019 2:31 pm

I've given up on the latest promo already and half resigned to getting nothing. Will credit all rentals to BAEC from now on, EI to hit and miss for me.

mailliW Dec 30, 2019 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by MM00LL2 (Post 31886579)
OT apologies for dragging up old thread. Similar promotion ran in October 2019. I tried to participate but as yet have not received any points. Tried to retro claim from Avis but they rejected because " rental has already been processed by Avis and passed to membership programme for validation". So I contacted Aerlingus who redirected my claim to Avios website which redirects me to Avis!!!

Any suggestions on how to get a resolution? Thanks

Likewise submitted a retro claim on avis which was rejected. Are lingus advised it can take 8 weeks from from rental for points to appear. Though pretty sure 8 weeks has passed and no points. I'm going to take it up again with ei

mccartje Jan 2, 2020 6:55 am

And behold a new years gift, Over 3K avios posted all at once from avis including the bonus for a couple of rentals.

MM00LL2 Jan 30, 2020 9:27 am

Promo is back effective from 1st Feb.
For a limited time, collect
Double Avios when you book car hire with Avis atcars.aerlingus.com – that’s at least 1,400 Avios! Book a minimum of three days' car rental by 31 March 2020, for vehicle pick up between 1 February and 31 May 2020. Plus, as an AerClub member, you’ll get a free additional driver.