Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

EI "evaluating 15+ new North American routes"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold

Potential expansion plans over the next 4-5 years and beyond with Airbus A321LR ... from the Irish Times
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:34 am
soy

Programs: various
Sounds like the announcement of a beauty contest ala Amazon HQ2, to see which tier 2 US cities will offer the best incentive package for a TATL connection.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Baltimore looks obvious, EI has been there before

Are there even 15 cities of decent size east of Chicago (i.e. the range of the LR). Can't see Indianapolis working
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ROKNA
Are there even 15 cities of decent size east of Chicago (i.e. the range of the LR). Can't see Indianapolis working
They don't all have to be east of Chicago.

Aer Lingus can also use widebody aircraft to operate to new destinations
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ROKNA
Baltimore looks obvious, EI has been there before

There are a lot of big cities that could support a 3x or 4x weekly service (similar to how they started and grew BDL), Pittsburgh, Louisville, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Detroit, Columbus, Cleveland, Ottawa, and Quebec are the ones that stand out. If the joint venture is approved I wouldn't be surprised to see Charlotte added (it's shorter than DUB-MSP. Plus I wouldn't rule out relatively small cities that are offering good incentives, I know South Bend Airport is trying to get a transatlantic link, and they've a huge Irish connection with Notre Dame (and a school in Dublin too).
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:17 am

CLT seems like it would be a no-brainer if they codeshare with AA / end up being a OW affiliate.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
How about DUB-JAX/FLL/ATL/CLT/RDU/BNA/MEM by operated A321XLR? Will they ever consider it?

Do you think they have enough range from SNN-PHX? Don't they have enough range to reach Phoenix.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by N830MH
How about DUB-JAX/FLL/ATL/CLT/RDU/BNA/MEM by operated A321XLR? Will they ever consider it?

Do you think they have enough range from SNN-PHX? Don't they have enough range to reach Phoenix.
Considering the A321XLR is only hypothetical right now it might be better to stick to the potential routings of a plane that actually exists and is ordered by EI first.
irishguy28 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.