Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Double Tier Credit on DUB-LGW route

Old Feb 28, 19, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Email through on promo for double Tier credits on DUB-LGW-DUB for March. Valid for bookings from today til 31/3 and valid for travel 1/3-31/3.
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 19, 7:20 am

Programs: EI Aer Club; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Club Elite; GHA Discovery Platinum
Assume this applies to all fare types, i.e. return plus fare would give you 100 TCs?
Old Feb 28, 19, 9:02 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Well almost all the flights are 7.5 credits anyway so you will be 30 credits on a cheap return

Might get lucky and get 60 for a round trip

Question really is how much will it cost to go Advantage fare and get 100 each way
Old Feb 28, 19, 9:21 am

Programs: Aerclub - Concierge, BA - Silver. Avis - Presidents Club
I imagine the best value TP/ will be a plus fare return if you can book it at non peak times. Good TP run opportunity.

Quick search show for 140 return Plus fares (1.4/TP) (versus 387 (1.94/TP) Advantage and 60 saver (2/TP) )

Go all out and get Concierge for <1500 or Platinum for 840 or Silver for 420
Old Feb 28, 19, 10:02 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Looking at options to renew Concierge and 100 for 140 euro is bargain (especially when I just paid 631 for 75 to TATL Y)
Old Feb 28, 19, 11:35 am

Programs: AerClub - Platinum
Great. Booked DUB-LGW-DUB flight last week for mid March. Why can't they just include any flight taken in March?
Old Mar 4, 19, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by alserire View Post
Great. Booked DUB-LGW-DUB flight last week for mid March. Why can't they just include any flight taken in March?
Aer Lingus on twitter seemed to indicate that you would earn double TPs regardless of when you booked. As always though the proof will be with them landing in your account!
alserire likes this.
Old Mar 4, 19, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Will be interesting to see for anyone who changes their booking during March that was bought in February and a ticket is reissued if they get double also.
Old Mar 7, 19, 8:22 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Life, EI Concierge, BA Silver
Anyone know if a back to back at LGW is feasible - flights seem to turn around in 40 mins there which sounds tight with all the walking I remember from last time I was there. Is there a connecting shortcut?
Old Mar 7, 19, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by alserire View Post
Despite my previous post it seems twitter team have reversed their original opinion and now only flights booked and flown in March will count, sorry to get the hopes up.
Old Mar 7, 19, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by keatm1 View Post
Anyone know if a back to back at LGW is feasible - flights seem to turn around in 40 mins there which sounds tight with all the walking I remember from last time I was there. Is there a connecting shortcut?
Dont think Id risk it to be honest. Not enough time to arrive and re clear. The best flights for a turnaround are out at 1245 arriving 1410 spend some time in the lounge then back on the 1710 arriving to Dublin at 1830. Seems the best option without having to get up too early and not being back too late.
alserire likes this.
Old Mar 24, 19, 9:06 am

Nice, those double tier points add in automatically, feared I might have to chase them up.
DELLAS likes this.
Old Mar 24, 19, 2:35 pm

Programs: AerClub - Platinum
Angry

Originally Posted by mccartje View Post
Nice, those double tier points add in automatically, feared I might have to chase them up.
And indeed it did not apply to flights booked in February but taken in March
Old Mar 25, 19, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mccartje View Post
Yes mine have all posted within 5 days of the flights. I was expecting a lengthly wait and emails to chase up so a nice change for once. LGW being a route I fly all the time this promo was exceptionally good for me.
Old Mar 27, 19, 4:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS View Post
Yes mine have all posted within 5 days of the flights. I was expecting a lengthly wait and emails to chase up so a nice change for once. LGW being a route I fly all the time this promo was exceptionally good for me.
Same experience here - (double) credits for day return to LGW last week posted after five days.