Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Priority Boarding with Chase Aer Club credit card?

Old Jan 29, 19, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Priority boarding is a listed perk of the card. I last traveled with EI a few weeks after the card was released and the gate staff at JFK knew nothing about the card or the boarding perk. I'm flying DUB-JFK next week, anyone know if they are now up to speed and offering priority boarding? Do they make an announcement for card holders or should I just go to the priority line with my card.

Cheers.
Old Jan 29, 19, 8:57 am

Don't most airlines print your boarding priority on the boarding pass? That would be automatic in the system when you got the card and pass through when you booked the flight.. Flashing a card in the gate area is not likely to be helpful. It might not be a surprise that GAs know nothing in particular about this.
alserire likes this.
Old Jan 29, 19, 9:12 am

Programs: Aerclub - Concierge, BA - Silver. Avis - Presidents Club
Originally Posted by SSintheair View Post
Priority boarding is a listed perk of the card. I last traveled with EI a few weeks after the card was released and the gate staff at JFK knew nothing about the card or the boarding perk. I'm flying DUB-JFK next week, anyone know if they are now up to speed and offering priority boarding? Do they make an announcement for card holders or should I just go to the priority line with my card.

Cheers.
I'd just rock up to the priority line, if challenged show the card and explain but I doubt you'll be challenged too firmly.

Originally Posted by CALlegacy View Post
Don't most airlines print your boarding priority on the boarding pass? That would be automatic in the system when you got the card and pass through when you booked the flight.. Flashing a card in the gate area is not likely to be helpful. It might not be a surprise that GAs know nothing in particular about this.
EI is quite poor at this and I would imagine their systems are nowhere near recognizing you have paid with the chase card and slapping priority boarding on it. I'm pretty sure status members don't get priority boarding on the boarding pass automatically. At least the last time I flew without having priority boarding automatically included with fare type it had nothing on the BP, but had my status is printed so easy to show I belonged there if checked. This may have been fixed now as when booking it pops up as included so no option to purchase.
ASHFlyer likes this.

Last edited by mccartje; Jan 29, 19 at 9:34 am Reason: clarification
Old Jan 29, 19, 9:33 am

They usually announce that Aer Club members and CC holders can board at their leisure in the priority lane. You probably need to show the card since it's probably not printed on the boarding pass that you're a card holder. In my experience status is printed, I've had SLVR printed at the top of my boarding pass since I hit status last year.
Old Jan 29, 19, 9:34 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub-718/

You and your authorized user will be eligible for Priority Boarding on any Aer Lingus flight from or to the US.
Simply show your Aer Lingus Visa Signature® Credit Card at the gate to get priority boarding.
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/aer...100K?CELL=6M1N
PRIORITY BOARDING:
Primary cardmembers and authorized users are eligible for priority boarding on Aer Lingus operated flights only. To receive priority boarding primary cardmembers and authorized users must display their valid Aer Lingus Visa credit card number at the gate prior to boarding. Primary cardmembers and authorized users are eligible for priority boarding on Aer Lingus operated flights departing from the US and returning to the US from Ireland. Chase is not responsible for the provision of or the failure to provide, priority boarding.
Old Jan 29, 19, 9:37 am

Programs: Aerclub - Concierge, BA - Silver. Avis - Presidents Club
Originally Posted by uncleruckus View Post
They usually announce that Aer Club members and CC holders can board at their leisure in the priority lane. You probably need to show the card since it's probably not printed on the boarding pass that you're a card holder. In my experience status is printed, I've had SLVR printed at the top of my boarding pass since I hit status last year.
Oops I wasn't clear in my post, I meant status is printed on BP so can easily know priority or not. Side note when I last advanced status it took a couple of months before the new status showed (i.e. it said PLAT instead of CONC for a while).
Old Jan 29, 19, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, WS Gold, Marriott Silver
Use the card to buy a business class fare and there will be priority boarding for sure.

Search this Thread