Avios for not used tickets?

Old Jan 23, 19, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Avios for not used tickets?

Can't find any information about this situation: I am buying ticket but can't use it. So I will be rewarded with avios points after flight even if I wasn't on the plane?
Old Jan 23, 19, 6:23 am

Programs: Aerclub - Concierge, BA - Silver. Avis - Presidents Club
No you won't be awarded anything if you don't fly. Unless they make a mistake but I wouldn't expect anything.
user2018 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 19, 7:30 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
And they don't make mistakes, I went through many hoops recently to prove I was onboard a flight when credit was refused. They could immediately verify I was not on the manifest, it took a while but they eventually relented after boarding cards, photographs and even what I purchased onboard were confirmed and the fact I was on the actual manifest issued to the crew. IT mess up with a mobile boarding card...
user2018 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 19, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
No, you will not.

This is all clearrly-spelled out in the terms & conditions (program rules) you agreed to, so it is easy to find.
user2018 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 19, 1:33 pm

The only time I have seen airlines awarding miles for trips not taken was the LH flight number on a DB train.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 19, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by DELLAS View Post
The only time I have seen airlines awarding miles for trips not taken was the LH flight number on a DB train.
As well as when the airline rebooks you onto a different carrier - leading to the ability to claim for the original untaken flight, as well as the new second flight (in a different programme!)
Old Jan 24, 19, 6:44 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
EI Aer Club rules do have a cause for the original routing scenario

Search this Thread