LHR Problems w/ Priority

Old Jan 17, 19, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI Platinum, BA Silver
Unhappy LHR Problems w/ Priority

Don't know whether anyone else has experienced this out of Heathrow:
  • Priority Check-in - there's normally a staff member checking tickets prior to the queues dividing up which means that the queue becomes mixed, yielding the priority checkin useless
  • Priority Boarding - same problem, there's a staff member checking tickets before people split between priority and non-priority which makes the priority boarding useless
Honestly, EI is the best DUB-LHR, but with these new changes it makes AerClub very underwhelming.
Old Jan 17, 19, 4:34 am

Programs: Aerclub - Concierge, BA - Silver. Avis - Presidents Club
I have noticed it in LHR recently, I never use check in desks but I did see that process. I've always found priority boarding to be of limited value in general on most airlines I fly. It seems if you want priority boarding just join that queue, very rare I see anyone challenged or checking and for sure some people just chance it with success. US airlines seem to be better at enforcing it IMO but maybe they are more demanding.

Besides I thought you were leaving us for BA? Switching to BA
ASHFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 17, 19, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mccartje View Post
I have noticed it in LHR recently, I never use check in desks but I did see that process. I've always found priority boarding to be of limited value in general on most airlines I fly. It seems if you want priority boarding just join that queue, very rare I see anyone challenged or checking and for sure some people just chance it with success. US airlines seem to be better at enforcing it IMO but maybe they are more demanding.

Besides I thought you were leaving us for BA? Switching to BA
I'm trying to but I do love EI and their terminal to terminal experience <3
Old Jan 17, 19, 8:13 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Few problems in LHR
1. Lots of people with status and people connecting to business in Dublin, hassle with check in as BAA want everyone to use the self service. If EI sorted out seat allocation online for status holders it would make some difference, Dublin tries its best by issuing the return boarding cards for UK if return is within 30 hours.

2. Boarding is slowed by the UK rules and biometric rubbish so people are held in the pen beyond the desk until we can head to the aircraft which results in non priority mixing
Old Jan 17, 19, 8:34 am

Programs: AerClub - Platinum
Never an issue in Gatwick in my experience. They always check. Probably fewer people with status but still, they are good about policing it in my experience.
Old Jan 23, 19, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ROKNA View Post
Few problems in LHR
1. Lots of people with status and people connecting to business in Dublin, hassle with check in as BAA want everyone to use the self service. If EI sorted out seat allocation online for status holders it would make some difference, Dublin tries its best by issuing the return boarding cards for UK if return is within 30 hours.

2. Boarding is slowed by the UK rules and biometric rubbish so people are held in the pen beyond the desk until we can head to the aircraft which results in non priority mixing
It was never a problem prior to the new system of checking boarding passes prior to the split of the queues, honestly it was so good before and now the system is useless.

Can't wait until they change it back.

Search this Thread