Search

Complementary Platinum Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT, SPG PLAT
Complementary Platinum Upgrade

Hi all,

im aiming to get platinum status with Aer Lingus this year and was wondering on what your experience is with the complementary upgrade? How often is upgrade space available and How do they prioritise?

Thanks,
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:53 am

It seems to be ok from my experience (haven't used many though). If you are happy to be wait listed for the upgrade rather than needing it to be confirmed straight away (which probably requires avios seat availability) then I think chances are decent, obviously route and aircraft dependent. The website states platinum is given priority however I can't imagine over what. I reckon EI will prioritise those who are paying for an upgrade via the bid process and I would have thought Concierge members after that followed by platinum but who knows.
domingogo likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Never failed to get the upgrade after making a request, 3 from 3

ORD-DUB
SFO-DUB
SEA-DUB

SFO is notorious but there were 3 of us in row 6 who used the upgrade on a single flight once
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT, SPG PLAT
Originally Posted by ROKNA
Never failed to get the upgrade after making a request, 3 from 3

ORD-DUB
SFO-DUB
SEA-DUB

SFO is notorious but there were 3 of us in row 6 who used the upgrade on a single flight once
Good to know! Thanks
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Request the update as soon as you book
Ring back about 5 days after and check
If nothing
Call about 3 days before the flight is due to go
Failing that ask at check in

ALWAYS get a seat assigned if the agent says the upgrade has been approved, it makes sure the reservation is ticketed correctly as seat selection through the website rarely works if the ticket has had anything changed by the call centre
ASHFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.