Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

JFK Terminal 5: Arrival - baggage claim, how long does it take?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec, Hilton Honours

We're flying into JFK Terminal 5 in May with Aer Lingus (business class) from Dublin.
We will have done the The US Preclearance thing at Dublin Airport so that when we arrive at JFK Terminal 5 we'll be treated as domestic arrivals, avoid immigration queues etc and just be able to pick up our bags and go.
My question is: in people's experience, at JFK Terminal 5, how long from a plane's arrival at the gate does it take for the baggage to arrive at the baggage claim?
Look forward to your answers.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by Devon Flier
We're flying into JFK Terminal 5 in May with Aer Lingus (business class) from Dublin.
We will have done the The US Preclearance thing at Dublin Airport so that when we arrive at JFK Terminal 5 we'll be treated as domestic arrivals, avoid immigration queues etc and just be able to pick up our bags and go.
My question is: in people's experience, at JFK Terminal 5, how long from a plane's arrival at the gate does it take for the baggage to arrive at the baggage claim?
Look forward to your answers.
On my one J trip to JFK about 18 months ago the bags came very quickly. It's only a five minute walk from the gate to the baggage hall. Don't think we waited more than ten minutes for bags. Possibly less. It was certainly very efficient as I remember it.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
You can never be certain, but in my many experiences in J to JFK its usually very quick, (10 mins). It takes about 5 mins to walk from gate to baggage claim, and ive never waited more than 5-10 mins for the bag to come out
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Same here within 5 minutes of reaching the claim area the bags started to appear.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec, Hilton Honours
alserire; modularmayhem; ROKNA
Thank you very much for your replies. Most helpful. Cheers
alserire likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.