Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Online access to reservation booked with AerClub Avios?

Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond

I have booked an AerClub Avios flight redemption (one way CDG-DUB-IAD) for next spring. Just after ticketing I phoned Aer Lingus and have reserved seats.

I have both the AerClub and Aer Lingus PNR/Reservation codes. I can see my reservation on the Aer Lingus website but it says any changes (seat assignments is the real question here) need to me made with the original booking agent as if I booked through a travel agent or third-party website.

Is there a way to access my details and seat assignments online???
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:42 am

Short answer is no. Strange as it sounds, an avios award booking acts like a 3rd party website (probably because it is in a way). Only way to change seats or check things is to call EI, or though I think you can add API on the EI website.

And yes this is extremely annoying that it works this way!
geo1005 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Thanks for the reply mccartje... at least now I won't be searching for access that does not exist!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Just to note regardless of how its was done, if seats are assigned manually you lose control of the booking online, they cannot be changed online even at online check in.

Avios is really a third party here acting as a travel agent, be interesting to see if you have a 053 or 125 ticket number
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: Marriott rewards / Southwest rapid rewards / AerClub / Executive Club
Originally Posted by geo1005
I have booked an AerClub Avios flight redemption (one way CDG-DUB-IAD) for next spring. Just after ticketing I phoned Aer Lingus and have reserved seats.

I have both the AerClub and Aer Lingus PNR/Reservation codes. I can see my reservation on the Aer Lingus website but it says any changes (seat assignments is the real question here) need to me made with the original booking agent as if I booked through a travel agent or third-party website.

Is there a way to access my details and seat assignments online???
Sorry if I am hijacking this thread, but do you mean that you called Aer Lingus after your booking to reserve your seats, or that they confirmed that you have reserved seats? I only ask because I just made an Avios booking and of course it doesnt tell which seats were reserved if at all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.