Checked baggage

Old Apr 24, 19, 2:25 pm

Programs: Aerclub - Concierge, BA - Silver. Avis - Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. This is a single booking. Designed for maximum value for the points used. Two days in Dublin, two weeks in Italy, and two day in Frankfurt area. UA's displayed info always shows no status info and calling has produced different information from each call.
The United forum would probably be able to give you more info I would think, unless of course you've asked there already.
Old Apr 28, 19, 1:13 pm

Cabin baggage 5cm bigger

Hi!
I'm going to fly with Aer Lingus and my bag is 5 cm bigger in height. Do you think it would be a problem?
Please, help a girl who wants to take outfits options 😅
Old May 7, 19, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Gold, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, NA EE, Hertz PC
Another baggage question. Traveling on a UA award ticket (016 ticket stock) in coach. Flying LHR-DUB then return DUB-AMS. As a UA 1K, do I get any free baggage? If so, does the wife on the same PNR have the same allowance? I assume not as they are just partners and don't seem to have strong reciprocal benefits but thought I would ask.

If not I what is the fee for baggage? Per EI's website it depends on fare, but since it's an award fare not sure the rules. These are the only flights in the PNR, no connecting TATL flights.

Last edited by mnredfox; May 7, 19 at 12:38 pm
Old May 7, 19, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox View Post
Another baggage question. Traveling on a UA award ticket (016 ticket stock) in coach. Flying LHR-DUB then return DUB-AMS. As a UA 1K, do I get any free baggage? If so, does the wife on the same PNR have the same allowance? I assume not as they are just partners and don't seem to have strong reciprocal benefits but thought I would ask.

If not I what is the fee for baggage? Per EI's website it depends on fare, but since it's an award fare not sure the rules. These are the only flights in the PNR, no connecting TATL flights.
EI's baggage rules seem rather complex! It looks as if your best bet if you have or can get the EI PNR for your trip is to try adding a baggage allowance on line as it goes by total weight, number of bags, and probably other factors. They seem to charge double if you leave it to the airport.
Old May 7, 19, 2:35 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
What does the ticket say about allowances? Award tickets issued through Avios always come with a basic 20kg allowance so you need to check with United if they do similar.

EI don't care about status when it comes to checked luggage, everyone pays no exemptions and UA means nothing to them.
Old May 7, 19, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Gold, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ROKNA View Post
What does the ticket say about allowances? Award tickets issued through Avios always come with a basic 20kg allowance so you need to check with United if they do similar.

EI don't care about status when it comes to checked luggage, everyone pays no exemptions and UA means nothing to them.
Called EI and they said 20 kg per pax. This is what my receipt says:

Baggage allowance and charges for this itinerary.

Baggage fees are per traveler

In compliance with U.S. Department of Transportation regulations, checked baggage policies for your entire itinerary are determined by Aer Lingus. Visit united.com/baggage for more information.Origin and destination for checked baggage1stbag2ndbagMaximum weight and dimensions per piece of baggage
Max wt / dim per piece9/27/2019 London, England (LHR - Heathrow) to Dublin, Ireland (DUB)0.00 GBP65.00 GBP44lbs (20.0kg) - 62in (157cm)9/30/2019 Dublin, Ireland (DUB) to Amsterdam, Netherlands (AMS)0.00 EUR75.00 EUR44lbs (20.0kg) - 62in (157cm)
Old May 7, 19, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox View Post
Called EI and they said 20 kg per pax. This is what my receipt says:

Baggage allowance and charges for this itinerary.

Baggage fees are per traveler

In compliance with U.S. Department of Transportation regulations, checked baggage policies for your entire itinerary are determined by Aer Lingus. Visit united.com/baggage for more information.Origin and destination for checked baggage1stbag2ndbagMaximum weight and dimensions per piece of baggage
Max wt / dim per piece9/27/2019 London, England (LHR - Heathrow) to Dublin, Ireland (DUB)0.00 GBP65.00 GBP44lbs (20.0kg) - 62in (157cm)9/30/2019 Dublin, Ireland (DUB) to Amsterdam, Netherlands (AMS)0.00 EUR75.00 EUR44lbs (20.0kg) - 62in (157cm)
That seems to parse to one free bag of up to 20kg weight and 62in. total dimensions on each leg with a charge of GBP65 LHR to DUB and EUR75 DUB to AMS for a second bag and an additional 20kg.