Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Business Class - My experience DUB - SFO

Old Dec 8, 18, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler Gold, Delta Gold, Alaska/VX Gold, SPG Gold for Life

Tip
Get the single seats versus the double seats (if you are traveling alone) because you have a lot more storage and space. AKA 3K is better than either 4H or 4K

Experience
Check-in in the Aer Lingus Business class lane was stress-free.
First security screening, use the Premium lane(s) far left. No need to remove shoes
Duty-free shopping after was pretty good, they have a lot more selection than if you shop after US pre-clearance (customs)
Finding the US customs is a bit tricky, Turn left before you get to the end of the hall before VAT refunds.
Second security screening for the US has a premium lane too. Shoes off here.
Global Entry machines are available and passed through immigration. (another small duty free)

The 51st lounge is available to all business class passengers. However, for 39EUR anybody can go in.
No priority pass or any other passes are accepted (I asked). Bar has a bar tender (attendant) to serve and mix drinks.
Food choices were light, but fresh and well prepared/presented. Self-serve coffee machine for expresso drinks.
There are showers, which I did not use. Bathrooms are smallish, but nice.
Not too many plugs in this lounge, but plenty of USB and even wireless charging.

In Flight
Normal business class amenities. Nice big screen with entertainment. Storage for shoes.
Lie flat seat has back massage. It's pretty low to the floor when sleeping, but otherwise fine.
My seat power plug didn't work, they reset it, but still didn't work.
Overhead bins are plentiful in business.
There is only one lavatory in front which can be hard to use when they are preparing meals or when the flight crew needs it.
There is another lavatory behind business class marked "Reserved for Business Class", but seems accessible to coach.
Service is typical Irish pleasant, maybe a bit slow if you're trying to take a nap/sleep.
I wanted Chicken but they ran out, the Steak was fully cooked (well done). Probably should have choosen the shrimp next time.
Snacks are available mid-flight and a final light lunch service with finger sandwiches and scone before landing.
You get an internet card which says it has 400MB of service via T-Mobile, I used about half of that (half my time sleeping, other half using my device).
Old Dec 11, 18, 6:44 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the great info - I'm flying to Dublin tomorrow.