FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aer Lingus | AerClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub-718/)
-   -   Multi City Booking (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub/1940373-multi-city-booking.html)

uncleruckus Nov 13, 2018 8:00 am

Multi City Booking

I am trying to book a flight from JFK->AMS and then AMS->JFK both connecting through Dublin, but I want to spend a week in Ireland before my flight back to JFK. I figured I could do multi city booking:

JFK->AMS
AMS->DUB
DUB->JFK

But when I select multi city on aerlingus.com I cannot pick a 3rd set of flights. Most of the time when you try and book multi city on airline websites, you can add additional "rows" for additional fights, but apparently not on Aer Lingus. Has anyone had success doing this before? I could do separate tickets, but it seems to be much more expensive that way, plus if I do the same ticket, they'll check my back from JFK all the way to Amsterdam, which is really convenient.

It looks like I can book the exact flights I want on something like expedia.com but I always like to go directly with the airlines.

mccartje Nov 13, 2018 8:08 am

This function is sadly missing on the website, only simple open jaw bookings can be done I believe. I think the only way to do this direct with Aer Lingus is to call them with exact dates etc. Try to have an idea of the price beforehand.

uncleruckus Nov 13, 2018 8:24 am

Thanks. Weird limitation on the website.

Do they charge any sort of booking fee to call/book on the phone?

mccartje Nov 13, 2018 8:37 am

Originally Posted by uncleruckus (Post 30424994)
Thanks. Weird limitation on the website.

Do they charge any sort of booking fee to call/book on the phone?

I'm not sure, never actually used them for a flight booking. I think they might charge a fee though.

uncleruckus Nov 13, 2018 10:44 am

Sounds right. I might just book it on Expedia then. I just wonder if I get the Aer Club tier credits if I don't book directly through Aer Lingus

mccartje Nov 13, 2018 11:14 am

Originally Posted by uncleruckus (Post 30425481)
Sounds right. I might just book it on Expedia then. I just wonder if I get the Aer Club tier credits if I don't book directly through Aer Lingus

You should as you include your Aerclub number and all the flights are booked with EI and not a codeshare.

BrianDromey Nov 13, 2018 11:28 am

Anther option would be to book the DUB-AMS (or vv) as a stand-alone ticket in the middle.

ROKNA Nov 14, 2018 12:16 am

Option as above JFK - DUB and AMS-DUB-JFK on a single ticket

Alternatively Aer Lingus does have a stop over in Ireland fare rule so a case of call them directly with your needs may help you get a cheaper deal

Expedia might sound great but it makes life difficult if you have to select seats (which are free) and you may get sold the super cheap basic economy and have trouble adding luggage to the reservation

uncleruckus Nov 14, 2018 11:01 am

Thanks for the help guys. I'll give them a call and see how it goes.

uncleruckus Nov 26, 2018 6:40 pm

Ended up calling them and got the flight booked within 10 minutes. What a deal too, it was only $515RT on W fares. I asked if I could get non-sale fares for the full tier credits like a recent post here suggested, but the agent had no clue what I was talking about. Either way, seemed to save about $100 by calling/getting the flights on a single ticket rather than booking separately.