Eu 261

Old Oct 18, 18, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Eu 261

Hi,

over the the summer I had a flight to Canada from Dublin via Heathrow and Calgary. That morning just as we were due to board the flight was cancelled. They did re-route me for later in the day but I didnít get to my destination until 6 hours after I was originally meant to.

i submitted an application to them under EU 261 requesting that they compensate me in the amount of Ä600 which is what I believe I am entitled to under the regulation. They finally responded to me today but have only offered Ä250 - is that correct?

thanks!
Old Oct 18, 18, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
In order to get you a proper answer, need to know who "they" is and what the exact operating carriers for each segment of what I presume was one ticket.

In broader terms, it sounds as though you received Type 1 compensation, when you were likely due Type 3 compensation, but laying that out in a coherent manner for you so that you can send it to the operating carrier really means needing detail.
Old Oct 18, 18, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

i was booked on an air canada ticket that was the below:

Dublin - London Heathrow @7.30 with Aer Lingus EI 154

London Heathrow - Vancouver @ 10.05 with Air Canada AC855

Vancouver - Cranbrook @ 14.25 with Air Canada AC8217.

Aer Lingus cancelled my first flight and as a result I missed all the subsequent flights. Aer Lingus did re-route me to the following (I donít have the flight numbers to hand - I had a photo of my original booking but the re-route ticket is in work)

Dublin - London Heathrow @11.10
London Heathrow - Vancouver @14.10
Vancouver -Cranbrook @ 18.50

Under my original flight I was due to land in Cranbrook @ 16.52 but I didnít end up landing on the re-routed flight until after 10pm so it was over a 5 hour delay. So from what I can tell that means class 3 not class 1 right?

thanks!
Old Oct 18, 18, 2:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You are due EUR 600 from EI. However, this is one of those situations where fewer words in your claim is easier.

I would resubmit the claim noting that the EUR 250 was incorrect.

"I was booked on EI flight #XXX on date under e-ticket numberXXX with a final destination of Cranbrook. As a ressult of your cancellation, I arrived at my final ticketed destination more than 4 hours late and am therefore due EUR 600 for a Type 3 flight. You erroneously sent EUR 250. Please send the remaining EUR 350".
DELLAS and mccartje like this.
Old Oct 18, 18, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your help Often - iíll do that!

Search this Thread