AMS-DUB-LAX PreClearance Question

Old Oct 9, 18, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

AMS-DUB-LAX PreClearance Question

November 27 I will be flying on Aer Lingus AMS-DUB-LAX with a 75 minute connection time at DUB. Will I be able to do US Customs PreClearance at DUB or is it too short a time? Reason I want to know in advance is that I have to book an onward flight to PHX that same evening. I'd like to know how much time I need to allow at LAX between flights.
Old Oct 9, 18, 8:24 pm

It doesn't work like that - the plane is precleared to land in the United States (aka it lands like a domestic would) therefore all the passengers onboard have to also be precleared. So yes you'll do it in DUB - if you don't have time for whatever reason you'd be rebooked.
Old Oct 10, 18, 12:30 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
75 minutes is more than enough, you fly through pre clearance in the afternoons, you should be sorted in minutes
Old Oct 11, 18, 7:54 am

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
I just did this, TXL-DUB-ORD and was at PC at 12:15 pm. We were through PC in less than 3 minutes w Global Entry as very few people were using it. The regular lanes looked to be a 10-15 minute wait. From there getting to your gate is a breeze.
Old Nov 2, 18, 5:43 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by bobnchi View Post
I just did this, TXL-DUB-ORD and was at PC at 12:15 pm. We were through PC in less than 3 minutes w Global Entry as very few people were using it. The regular lanes looked to be a 10-15 minute wait. From there getting to your gate is a breeze.
people were taking nearly 3 hours to get through pre clearance on the morning of Saturday 13th October - EI crew said they'd never seen it so bad.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: