Back To Back

Old Oct 8, 18, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EIGC, HH, BAEC, CC
Back To Back

Anyone got experience of doing a EI back to back?

Need two flights to get me to Plat and figure its worth the go. Was thinking DUB-KIR/CFN but the turnaround time is quite short. Was thinking KIR as at least I could get the train if I ....ed up!

Or maybe its worth just doing AMS?

Any advice?

Thanks
Old Oct 8, 18, 11:44 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Should work

AMS is perfect, walk off, walk back on, no security check or other messing and online check in now works at AMS, might as well have lunch if you go that far
Old Oct 9, 18, 9:02 am

Programs: AerClub - Platinum
London surely! That's what I did!
Old Oct 9, 18, 9:55 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
AMS you walk out of the gate and join the queue to board, its a can't miss scenario. On the hunt for Concierge so looking into this

At LHR there is a lot of walking, security etc. Plus there is no certainty that the aircraft from Dublin will go back to Dublin

Last edited by ROKNA; Oct 9, 18 at 10:02 am
Old Oct 9, 18, 11:34 am

Programs: AerClub - Platinum
Originally Posted by ROKNA View Post
AMS you walk out of the gate and join the queue to board, its a can't miss scenario. On the hunt for Concierge so looking into this

At LHR there is a lot of walking, security etc. Plus there is no certainty that the aircraft from Dublin will go back to Dublin
Fair enough. Didn't realise it was that handy at AMS
Old Oct 9, 18, 12:21 pm

CDG is actually perfect for this.

You do have to redo security, but that shouldn't be an issue.

After arrival at one of the satellite piers at CDG T1, you are mixed with departing passengers before they complete security.

Many of the UK arrivals get bussed, which isn't great for back-to-back.
Old Oct 9, 18, 12:58 pm

CDG and PRG are normally very good for this, DUS also. VIE used to be good but EI use buses a lot now

TXL, LGW, BHX a big no

AMS tends to be good, its short flight and since FR and KL are on the route fares should be good

And for fun ask at check in for the return boarding card, it may appear without asking.

Last edited by ROKNA; Oct 9, 18 at 1:12 pm
Old Oct 9, 18, 1:36 pm

Programs: Aerclub - Concierge, BA - Silver. Avis - Presidents Club
Hmmm i would have thought the London airports best for this purely on price terms, usually a bit cheaper for a plus/flex fare no? Ok the turn around to the next flight home might not be too smooth but with the high frequency I would have thought you could nab one soon enough even if you can't get the back to back exactly. Wouldn't it be better to chill in lounge on a short layover with shorter flights rather than longer flights with a quick change? I've never done a back to back TP run (thought I would have to this year to hit concierge but work to the 'rescue') so just honestly curious about best options.
alserire likes this.
Old Oct 9, 18, 4:22 pm

Programs: Aer Club Platinum, BAEC Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Flying Blue Gold
Later this month EI will begin flights to LCY. This might be an option.
Old Oct 10, 18, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by ROKNA View Post
CDG and PRG are normally very good for this, DUS also. VIE used to be good but EI use buses a lot now

TXL, LGW, BHX a big no

AMS tends to be good, its short flight and since FR and KL are on the route fares should be good

And for fun ask at check in for the return boarding card, it may appear without asking.
I concur on BHX - I did this in August as I was one short of Concierge and wanted to get the upgrades before some long haul US trips. Outbound was delayed for 30 minutes and we were bussed into the terminal. As we were driving away the plane was beginning to load. The FA knew what I was doing so she asked ground crew to wait for me. After a lung busting run I made it - but never again. Biz class to and from SEA next week is the result however so I will take that.
mccartje, alserire and JDIRL like this.
Old Oct 11, 18, 7:12 am

Programs: Gold Circle Prestige, Emirates Silver, Hhonors Gold, Sixt Platinum
CDG is perfect - the entry gate is right next to the very small security area

Search this Thread