FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aer Lingus | AerClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub-718/)
-   -   "Re-brand" and new TATL econ benefits (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub/1932192-re-brand-new-tatl-econ-benefits.html)

mccartje Sep 24, 2018 8:19 am

"Re-brand" and new TATL econ benefits

Just announced EI will re-brand its fleet from January....will see what that fully entails I guess. But noted is free beer or glass of wine with econ meals plus 20MB wifi allowance for social media. Maybe more to follow on this

Very good additions to the econ smart fare IMO.

sbm12 Sep 24, 2018 9:43 am

I'm at the event where Kavanagh announced the updates to the Aer Lingus economy product. Gist of it is:
  • Free beer & wine at meal time in economy
  • 20MB free wifi package (don't reload FT too often ;) )
  • New livery - will keep the shamrock and green as the main color
  • New uniforms - no details on what that will include
Kavanagh also was heavily focused on the NPS numbers and how those scores inform everything the company does. They get 10,000 survey results/month so gaming the data would be a challenge, but if you want to influence the decisions made that's the way to make your point.

(Link to a story I wrote; you've been warned)

Priam Sep 24, 2018 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 30239665)
I'm at the event where Kavanagh announced the updates to the Aer Lingus economy product. Gist of it is:
  • Free beer & wine at meal time in economy
  • New livery - will keep the shamrock and green as the main color
  • New uniforms - no details on what that will include
Kavanagh also was heavily focused on the NPS numbers and how those scores inform everything the company does. They get 10,000 survey results/month so gaming the data would be a challenge, but if you want to influence the decisions made that's the way to make your point.

(Link to a story I wrote; you've been warned)

That's great, wonder if they'll be rolling out premium economy as well.

gusg Sep 25, 2018 6:15 am

If we’re going to focus on on-time performance we’re going to stop cleaning except on demand. The value of on-time performance greatly outweighed the passenger satisfaction of the cleaning.
We fly BOS-SNN and the plane is a mess upon landing. Longer flights are probably worse. If they don't clean before turning around passengers will have to do it themselves, which I would think would have an impact on satisfaction. I guess if you ask "Would you rather have the plane be spotless or have it leave on time?" people would pick "leave on time", but in reality I imagine that people want both a clean plane and one that leaves on time. If they get on board and find a dirty plane they won't think, "At least it's leaving on time" and forgive the mess.

tangey Sep 25, 2018 7:31 am

yeah, if its a 2pm flight, you expect it to leave around 2pm. You also expect it to be clean.

Those are very basic expectations that the vast majority of passengers would have. If an "expert" in the industry thinks one of those can be played off against the other, IMO he needs to find a new industry. Adjusting the timetable to allow more turn-around time might have revenue issues, but not as much as having to pick one or other of the first two.

gusg Sep 25, 2018 1:16 pm

The planes will be even messier with the free drinks. Back when beer was free on Aer Lingus TATL the planes were a flying party. I miss the free beer but do not miss the behavior that tended to go along with it.

AlanA Sep 26, 2018 5:22 am

Any business class updates?

ASHFlyer Sep 28, 2018 4:34 am

Very interesting and exciting news. He also mentioned that they will be refreshing the mobile app and website slightly (albeit the mobile app is almost perfect). These are much welcomed changes. I wonder whether we'll be seeing new AerClub cards with the new identity and any updates on integration with BA/AA etc?

JDiver Sep 28, 2018 9:24 am

1 Attachment(s)
A rendering of the presumed new colour scheme is depicted in the Airways Magazine article here.

My question is what Business class will be on the A321neo/LR on transatlantic runs.

ASHFlyer Sep 28, 2018 9:31 am

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 30256541)
A rendering of the presumed new colour scheme is depicted in the Airways Magazine article here.

My question is what Business class will be on the A321neo/LR on transatlantic runs.

If that's the new colour scheme I should not have (as per usual) got my hopes up. An all green aircraft with the current Aer Lingus logo and shamrock would have done fine and kept it current. Minimalist and simplistic - Oh well :(

The Business Class for their A321neos will most likely be the same, similar to how FlyDubai have laid out their new business product on their 737MAXs.

Here it is: https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...at-b737-max-8/

mx5ire Sep 28, 2018 10:06 am

Originally Posted by gusg (Post 30244546)
The planes will be even messier with the free drinks. Back when beer was free on Aer Lingus TATL the planes were a flying party. I miss the free beer but do not miss the behavior that tended to go along with it.

I think that in this case they are only giving a single glass of alcohol - i don't think its an open ended arrangement. So hopefully that behaviour does not return.

mb48 Sep 28, 2018 10:20 am

What's new about that?

AlwaysFlyStar Sep 28, 2018 11:10 am

Perhaps I am reading it wrong, but to me, that article doesn't seem to say that this is the new livery. And considering that it looks the same as the current livery (unless I am missing something?) and that the photo appears to be dated from 2015, I wouldn't imagine it is intended to represent the future livery. But perhaps I am missing something.

ROKNA Sep 29, 2018 12:18 am

The same 2+2, 1+1 config as the 757 will be in the A321

energydj Sep 29, 2018 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 30239665)

Wifi has to work first to get that 20MB