New transatlantic routes and One World

Old Sep 15, 18, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat., DL/AA/BA
Exclamation New transatlantic routes and One World

Aer Lingus continues to expand their trans Atlantic network (as promised by IAG) with MSP and YUL being added in 2019. Is there some reason why EI is not joining One World? It would seem to be a marketing advantage in the North American market, is it just expense and logistics that is preventing it? There seems to be mixed messages coming from EI on this issue. Current utterances are that there is no plan to join, but seems a little odd unless IAG is lukewarm on the global alliance.
Old Sep 15, 18, 11:21 am

Programs: Aerclub - Concierge, BA - Silver. Avis - Presidents Club
I reckon they'll become a connect partner when they join the tatl joint venture
Old Nov 4, 18, 10:10 am

I'm unable to book EI flights on Avios.com for these 2 new routes (MSP-DUB & YUL-DUB) after July & August 2019, respectively. Does it typically take a while before new routes are up & running for Avios redemption?

I tried ORD-DUB and those flights come up just fine. Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 6, 18, 4:45 am

Programs: Aerclub,ba executive, flying blue, miles and more
I'm I the only one completly turned off by the prospect of TATL travel on an a321?
alserire likes this.
Old Nov 6, 18, 4:55 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by shuttle_boy View Post
. Current utterances are that there is no plan to join, but seems a little odd unless IAG is lukewarm on the global alliance.
Nothing new there. Most of the big airline groups now view metal neutral JVs or cross shareholdings as more important than the alliances. The alliances primarily benefit smaller airlines by giving them access to the customer base of the larger ones
Old Nov 6, 18, 4:55 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Shamrock86 View Post
I'm I the only one completly turned off by the prospect of TATL travel on an a321?
Wider seats than a 787 down the back
Old Nov 6, 18, 5:50 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by ajeleonard View Post
Wider seats than a 787 down the back
And wider than in a 757, always found the A320 family to be quieter in the cabin compared to 737

A320 family is wider in the cabin than Boeing's legacy designs (707/727/737/757 are all exactly the same fuselage width)
Old Nov 6, 18, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by ROKNA View Post
And wider than in a 757, always found the A320 family to be quieter in the cabin compared to 737

A320 family is wider in the cabin than Boeing's legacy designs (707/727/737/757 are all exactly the same fuselage width)
None of which I would fancy long haul either to be honest. But that's the way things are going
Old Nov 6, 18, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Shamrock86 View Post
Wouldn't fancy it much either 3-3 layout on long haul always seems painful.
Old Nov 6, 18, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by mccartje View Post
Wouldn't fancy it much either 3-3 layout on long haul always seems painful.
I think to the east coast from DUB it will be ok, which I'm assuming is what they will use them for. Needed to replace some their older 320s on higher density eu routes as well I suppose.
ASHFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 6, 18, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by ajeleonard View Post
Nothing new there. Most of the big airline groups now view metal neutral JVs or cross shareholdings as more important than the alliances. The alliances primarily benefit smaller airlines by giving them access to the customer base of the larger ones
I would have thought that both the JV and oneworld alliance would have went hand in hand. I read here https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/1...nsatlantic-jv/ the opposite opinion, that the alliance is more important than the JV. Interesting anyway, my money is still on a connect membership for EI at some point.
ASHFlyer likes this.

Search this Thread