New Concierge Benefit

Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP
As much as I'd love for my EI flying to count towards OW qualification, I would frankly mourn EI joining the transatlantic joint venture -- it will mean that the tatl business class prices will rise to the same level as BA/AA/IB, which is to say... double
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by lizthegrey
As much as I'd love for my EI flying to count towards OW qualification, I would frankly mourn EI joining the transatlantic joint venture -- it will mean that the tatl business class prices will rise to the same level as BA/AA/IB, which is to say... double
Well I think it has to happen as part of the IAG takeover. I wouldn't have thought EI prices would increase too much though I mean the reason their TATL business has been successful is their very competitive prices including business class for connecting onto mainland europe. Maybe on some routes that AA also use from DUB like JFK and ORD but I imagined the price structure will remain the same for EI mostly. I could be wrong of course.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI Platinum
I find many AA/BA routes to be cheaper from Dublin (even those connecting via LHR and the US), particularly for the West Coast.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mccartje
Well I think it has to happen as part of the IAG takeover. I wouldn't have thought EI prices would increase too much though I mean the reason their TATL business has been successful is their very competitive prices including business class for connecting onto mainland europe. Maybe on some routes that AA also use from DUB like JFK and ORD but I imagined the price structure will remain the same for EI mostly. I could be wrong of course.
The way that the joint venture works as I understand though is that it's a (sanctioned by antitrust authorities) price-fixing scheme where all carriers in the JV charge the same price for tickets with the same routing, and share the revenue proportionally.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:26 am

The way that the joint venture works as I understand though is that it's a (sanctioned by antitrust authorities) price-fixing scheme where all carriers in the JV charge the same price for tickets with the same routing, and share the revenue proportionally.
Ah ok I was unsure of its exact details. I think they just share a few routes with AA from DUB so it'll be those most affected then. Maybe that's why it is taking so long to sort out, EI wants to keep their low fares model in place.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:36 pm

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Well stone the crows. Travelled tonight on the EI182 to LHR and ordered a Jack Daniels and Coke. Was about to pay but the male senior CC member thanked me for being Concierge and told me the drinks were free of charge. When I queried it he said it was a new initiative being rolled out. Am gobsmacked.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EI Platinum
Originally Posted by trustno1
Well stone the crowd. Travelled tonight on the EI182 to LHR and ordered a Jack Daniels and Coke. Was about to pay but the male senior CC member thanked me for being Concierge and told me the drinks were free of charge. When I queried it he said it was a new initiative being rolled out. Am gobsmacked.
Did you show your Concierge card or anything? Was it visible in your wallet? I wonder how they pulled that off! BA don’t even do it for their Golds (at least I don’t think).
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:54 pm

No I didn’t show him anything but he may have seen my card on my carry on. He said.....you’re Mr Trustno1...is that right. It was a welcome I wasn’t expecting. Today was my 106th flight with EI in the last 12 months.
ASHFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
No I didn’t show him anything but he may have seen my card on my carry on. He said.....you’re Mr Trustno1...is that right. It was a welcome I wasn’t expecting. Today was my 106th flight with EI in the last 12 months.
106 flights in 12 months?

Richly deserved I'd say.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:54 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Well stone the crows. Travelled tonight on the EI182 to LHR and ordered a Jack Daniels and Coke. Was about to pay but the male senior CC member thanked me for being Concierge and told me the drinks were free of charge. When I queried it he said it was a new initiative being rolled out. Am gobsmacked.
I've been availing of a free cup of tea/water/biscuits regularly for the last few months by flashing my Concierge card, until 2 weeks ago when I was told on the way back from BHX that they were no longer offering the perk.

The senior cabin crew member came over and informed me she had been specifically instructed to no longer offer the complimentary items, even though I got it the day before on the way over.

Maybe that briefing hasn't filtered down yet, might try my luck again this week if that's the case.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:05 am

I’m back to Dublin next Sat and then out to Frankfurt on the Monday and back Tues evening. I’ll let you know how I get on. In the meantime I’m off to HKG via DOH with Qatar.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by ASHFlyer

Did you show your Concierge card or anything? Was it visible in your wallet? I wonder how they pulled that off! BA don’t even do it for their Golds (at least I don’t think).
The manifest shows the Aerclub status. I have had a few free cups of tea recently. Also while in Y on TATL I asked for a Wifi card and the young FA sort of ignored me and when I asked again she went to the Senior and brought me down a free wifi card. This is a documented benefit but it does show you that it depends on the crew. On another TATL the Senior came down to me and another CONC and thanked us for our business and gave the free wifi cards ( again in Y ).

Just back from Seattle and the free upgrade both ways was a pure joy - this for me is the best part of Aerclub.
JDIRL, alserire and ASHFlyer like this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 3:15 am

Alas, one swallow does not make a summer. Travelled on EI2177 from LHR on Saturday night. Ordered a cup of tea and was asked to pay €3. I told the senior CC member about my experience the previous week and she advised that the initiative had ended and was only rolled out on a temporary basis on some routes. She mentioned London and Amsterdam. She asked to see my Conc card and following this she gave me the tea free of charge (I wanted to pay but she refused). She was very nice and said she would just write it up.

I travelled to Frankfurt yesterday morning and slept on that flight. I’m heading back to DUB this evening and will order my customary cuppa. If there is anything to report I will let you know.

Last edited by trustno1; Oct 30, 2018 at 6:48 am
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
The offering would really only work on DUB-LHR and DUB-AMS as LHR and AMS are Astral stations so have the status on the manifest, nowhere else in Europe would know your status

Pity, will make Concierge this year, free Coke and Sandwich would have been nice.
mccartje likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: Aer Lingus
Alas, one swallow does not make a summer. Travelled on EI2177 from LHR on Saturday night. Ordered a cup of tea and was asked to pay €3. I told the senior CC member about my experience the previous week and she advised that the initiative had ended and was only rolled out on a temporary basis on some routes. She mentioned London and Amsterdam. She asked to see my Conc card and following this she gave me the tea free of charge (I wanted to pay but she refused). She was very nice and said she would just write it up.

I travelled to Frankfurt yesterday morning and slept on that flight. I’m heading back to DUB this evening and will order my customary cuppa. If there is anything to report I will let you know.
This makes sense...I have consistently failed to get a free cuppa since this thread appeared...wish I read this specific comment before asking for one today!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.