Cityjet to operate LCY-DUB for Aer Lingus

Old Aug 28, 18, 5:03 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: LCY
Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
Posts: 101
Cityjet to operate LCY-DUB for Aer Lingus

From October 28th, Cityjet will stop their own flights and operate on behalf of Aer Lingus. There will be 6 daily services on weekdays.

https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-inf...-city-airport/
Dambus and mccartje like this.
citiflyerUK is offline  
Old Aug 28, 18, 8:26 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: EIDW
Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Posts: 839
Didn't see this coming, but good move by Aer Lingus

Will we finally see a SSJ100 flying to LCY? and in EI colours?
ROKNA is online now  
Old Aug 28, 18, 8:29 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, United Kingdom
Programs: British Airways Gold
Posts: 2,480
IAG competing with itself....
ajeleonard is offline  
Old Aug 28, 18, 9:13 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 728
Originally Posted by ROKNA View Post
Didn't see this coming, but good move by Aer Lingus

Will we finally see a SSJ100 flying to LCY? and in EI colours?
Maybe, in the future but the SSJ still is not certified. It is currently expected to be certified in '2019' or maybe 2020. The aircraft was supposed to by LCY capable by 2017, WX first took delivery in May 2016.
BrianDromey is offline  
Old Aug 28, 18, 10:06 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: EIDW
Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Posts: 839
Could we see a C series/A220 order here? Those RJ's won't last long
ROKNA is online now  
Old Aug 29, 18, 4:06 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,732
Originally Posted by ROKNA View Post
Could we see a C series/A220 order here? Those RJ's won't last long
They are already on their last legs and often plagued with tech issues. They need replaced sooner rather then later. This is however a perfect fit for EI to get back onto the route initially and to build the route up.
DELLAS is offline  
Old Sep 1, 18, 4:20 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Programs: EI Silver, AF Ivory, SPG Gold, HH, IHG Priority Club, Choice Privileges
Posts: 354
Not going to happen for along time, the SSJ still has not been certified for LCY and eventually when this happens it will have tio be fitted with winglets, which Sukhoi are working on at the moment
flame is offline  
Old Sep 29, 18, 11:11 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: London
Programs: EI Platinum, BA Silver
Posts: 73
Originally Posted by ajeleonard View Post
IAG competing with itself....
What's new?

When we fly London-Dublin we might as well go to the IAG website from now on...
ASHFlyer is offline  
Old Sep 29, 18, 1:05 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dublin
Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
Posts: 235
I heard a story about STK operating DUB-LCY for BA
energydj is offline  
Old Sep 30, 18, 12:59 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: EIDW
Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Posts: 839
STK are looking for E jet drivers
ROKNA is online now  
Old Sep 30, 18, 6:45 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Programs: EI Concierge, AA EXP
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by citiflyerUK View Post
From October 28th, Cityjet will stop their own flights and operate on behalf of Aer Lingus. There will be 6 daily services on weekdays.

https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-inf...-city-airport/
This is exciting for fixing the issues with flying from LCY and connecting to EI TATL from BA on LCY-DUB (which only allowed exiting to T1 rather than using T2 transfers). Woot!
lizthegrey is offline  
Old Sep 30, 18, 9:43 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: DUB
Programs: BA GGL; AA LTG MM
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by lizthegrey View Post
This is exciting for fixing the issues with flying from LCY and connecting to EI TATL from BA on LCY-DUB (which only allowed exiting to T1 rather than using T2 transfers). Woot!
Not sure there's that much capacity at T2 to take on these flights. I wouldn't be surprised if they remain at the 200 gates in T1.
hshs is offline  
Old Sep 30, 18, 9:50 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Programs: EI Concierge, AA EXP
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by hshs View Post
Not sure there's that much capacity at T2 to take on these flights. I wouldn't be surprised if they remain at the 200 gates in T1.
When EI flights arrive at T1, they exit to T2 flight connections via the airside pre-passport control walkway, but when BA flights arrive at T1 there's no option to exit to the T2 flight connections and have access to the EI transfer desk.
lizthegrey is offline  
Old Sep 30, 18, 9:52 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: DUB
Programs: BA GGL; AA LTG MM
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by lizthegrey View Post
When EI flights arrive at T1, they exit to T2 flight connections via the airside pre-passport control walkway, but when BA flights arrive at T1 there's no option to exit to the T2 flight connections and have access to the EI transfer desk.
I didn't realise that; that's definitely a plus, then.
hshs is offline  
Old May 19, 19, 7:32 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Programs: Marriott Titanium
Posts: 416
Hi,

Odd experience trying to book a bag onto the LCY route - The EI app and confirmation shows no bags booked... But when I try to book a bag it seems to show that one bag was included.

Is, like the old cityjet, a bag still included when you fly to LCY on an EI booking?

James
jamesie_version1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread