Wiki Posts
Search

Chance of upgrade with Avios?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Chance of upgrade with Avios?

Hi all,

I’m flying SNN-BOS-PIT on 10/25 on EI135, and would like to upgrade with 37,000 Avios transferred from Chase UR. I emailed their customer support, but they can’t tell me any info on upgrade space before I have the Avios in my account. ExpertFlyer shows 1 U fare. I’d like to try to get the upgrade, but I don’t want to risk having 37k UR points stuck in AerLingus Avios if it doesn’t go through, as I don’t fly them often. Does anyone know if that 1 U fare is reliable and available for upgrade with Avios? Additionally, does anyone have data points on upgrade success on SNN-BOS route?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:56 am

There is 1 business class award seat available on EI135 SNN-BOS on 25th October. So in theory it should be ok. But I have never used the upgrade using avios function, not sure if having the connection in there will cause hassle, obviously it shouldn't but EI are funny like that. I'd triple check with them there are no impediments with your type of booking preventing you from upgrading with avios.

Last edited by mccartje; Aug 20, 2018 at 11:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.