Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aer Lingus self-connecting policy?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:06 pm

Separate Aer Lingus tickets

Hi there - I have separate tickets in August from BOS to DUB and then on to Vienna, both on Aer Lingus flights. I have a pretty short space in between flights (which was silly of me to book that way, but here I am), and I just wanted a confirmation that I will be able to have my luggage sent through to my final destination so that I can sprint to get rechecked in and go back through security. Is this actually possible? I have no capability to bring a carry-on baggage instead.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:19 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
In theory possible, at check in in BOS ask to check through to VIE as you have back to back tickets. This is conditional on the DUB-VIE has a checked luggage allocation. Both boarding cards can be issued in BOS. Cannot be 100% on this but you have no chance of making this if you have to recheck in DUB

There is NO security check on transfer in DUB if arriving from BOS, in theory you need a connecting ticket to use connections but if its an EI flight its fine

BOS to DUB to VIE is a valid connection if arriving on the first BOS flight

Note if flying BOS-DUB in business you can carry 2 full size cabin bags
fartoomanyusers likes this.

Last edited by ROKNA; Jun 16, 2022 at 12:27 am
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
You really need them to link the bag to your final destination in BOS. If they refuse, you will need to exit the airport in DUB, take your bag and re-enter the airport.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:28 pm

Quick self-connection

I'm planing to fly EI (MSP-ORD-DUB) and catch a second EI (DUB-LIS).
There's only a 2 hour window between the two flights. And only one flight/day listed.
Is that too risky?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:56 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by SPF50
There's only a 2 hour window between the two flights. And only one flight/day listed.
Is that too risky?
If everything is on time two hours is plenty. But any kind of delay and yes, it’s risky.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
If it was sold as a connecting flight or was back to back hand baggage only it would be a breeze as there is no security check on transfer

Otherwise in theory possible but if you have to queue for immigration, queue to collect luggage, queue to check it back in and then for security you could be 90 minutes easily given the current crowds so very tight and if there is a slight hiccup you are in serious trouble
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:57 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by SPF50
Is that too risky?
I suspect it totally depends on your personal risk appetite !

Also probably depends on what time of year ... I wouldn't do that in Winter (opportunities for weather delays just too high) ... but I'd probably give it a go in the rest of the year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.