FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aer Lingus | AerClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub-718/)
-   -   Silver Tier lounge access (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub/1924286-silver-tier-lounge-access.html)

mccartje Aug 9, 2018 3:41 am

Silver Tier lounge access

I noticed on the Aerclub member benefits page that Silver status now has a tick beside 'Partner airline lounge access'. Don't recall it ticked for Silver in the past. Does it mean Silver can now avail of lounges outside EIs own lounges for return flights? Down below it mentions EI lounges and select lounges to and from US but not sure if that just hasn't been updated yet.

Useful for me to know as myself and a couple of friends have a trip planned, one is silver, one no status and I'm platinum so in DUB we're fine for the lounge but on the way back if silver doesn't have access and I can only guest one we may have to give it a miss or pay for one.

alserire Aug 9, 2018 8:13 am

Not sure but would like an answer too. I'm Platinum this year but I'll only be Silver next year, I would have thought it would include all lounges on the list but it is clarified further down syggesting that it may only be EI lounges and partner lounges in the US. Anyone know for sure?

EIFREZY Aug 9, 2018 2:37 pm

Silver Lounge Access

Initially when Aer Club came in, Silver only got access to Aer Lingus Lounges however after about 2 months (after I had shelled out for a Priority Pass) they extended it to 3rd party lounges at least the UK ones anyway.

I’m not sure of the situation in continental Europe though.

mccartje Aug 10, 2018 2:00 am

Originally Posted by EIFREZY (Post 30065786)
Initially when Aer Club came in, Silver only got access to Aer Lingus Lounges however after about 2 months (after I had shelled out for a Priority Pass) they extended it to 3rd party lounges at least the UK ones anyway.

Ok well that's something at least, my planned trip is back from LGW so hopefully that will be ok then. If I had my head screwed on I should have asked in MUC last night at the lounge if they accepted Silver cards!

I remember noticing one of the last times I flew from ORD that the lounge receptionist (or dragon as they like to call them on the BAEC forum) had allowed in a fair few aerclub silver card holders (she had a list open where she was writing names and status for EI). At the time I put it down to her not knowing what status was and was not allowed access (as she had told me before that she did not know what status meant what in EI - plus BAEC Silver is mid tier allowing access to add confusion) but now maybe given what it says about access to and from US destinations maybe silvers were admitted correctly.

ASHFlyer Aug 10, 2018 2:52 am

Originally Posted by mccartje (Post 30067247)
Ok well that's something at least, my planned trip is back from LGW so hopefully that will be ok then. If I had my head screwed on I should have asked in MUC last night at the lounge if they accepted Silver cards!

I remember noticing one of the last times I flew from ORD that the lounge receptionist (or dragon as they like to call them on the BAEC forum) had allowed in a fair few aerclub silver card holders (she had a list open where she was writing names and status for EI). At the time I put it down to her not knowing what status was and was not allowed access (as she had told me before that she did not know what status meant what in EI - plus BAEC Silver is mid tier allowing access to add confusion) but now maybe given what it says about access to and from US destinations maybe silvers were admitted correctly.

I used to get away with fast track security, priority check-in/baggage and priority boarding on BA flights from Heathrow. "I'm Aer Lingus Silver, they're your partners and you own them, right?"

However, since I made Platinum they get confused and reject it :-(

alserire Aug 11, 2018 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by mccartje (Post 30067247)

I'm flying MUC-DUB this night week. I'll ask if I remember as it could help me next year!

ROKNA Aug 11, 2018 2:40 pm

Silver no guest applies every lounge listed on the EI website

DELLAS Aug 12, 2018 6:08 am

Originally Posted by EIFREZY (Post 30065786)

I get an unlimited PP with work so usually at LHR head to the Plaza Premium for a hot meal then drinks in the EI Lounge. I find having both can still be an advantage sometimes.

alserire Aug 13, 2018 7:57 am

Speaking of MUC and slightly off topic is it bus or airbridge? First time tomorrow and hoping to catch a train quickly!

mccartje Aug 13, 2018 8:04 am

Originally Posted by alserire (Post 30076986)
Speaking of MUC and slightly off topic is it bus or airbridge? First time tomorrow and hoping to catch a train quickly!

Airbridge. The gate can sometimes be like musical chairs and switch from B gates where you should go through security to C gates but its only max 5 min walk between the 2 so its not an issue. I've been getting the Thursday evening flight back to DUB last 4 weeks (@20:25) and it is routinely delayed so if you are on that then keep an eye on the arriving flight to know when to bother to go to the gate. They say boarding at 19:45 but the arriving flight only due to land at 19:45 if on time so unless its early you'll have a bit more time.

alserire Aug 13, 2018 8:27 am

Originally Posted by mccartje (Post 30077019)
Airbridge. The gate can sometimes be like musical chairs and switch from B gates where you should go through security to C gates but its only max 5 min walk between the 2 so its not an issue. I've been getting the Thursday evening flight back to DUB last 4 weeks (@20:25) and it is routinely delayed so if you are on that then keep an eye on the arriving flight to know when to bother to go to the gate. They say boarding at 19:45 but the arriving flight only due to land at 19:45 if on time so unless its early you'll have a bit more time.

Nice one. Thanks. Not too worried about coming back. Returning Saturday. Just want to see if I can make an 11.20 a.m. train rather than a 12.20 p.m. one. Have to get through Passport and collect a bag. Airbridge will help. Also seems to be on time or early a lot. Thanks again.

mccartje Aug 13, 2018 8:41 am

Originally Posted by alserire (Post 30077095)
Nice one. Thanks. Not too worried about coming back. Returning Saturday. Just want to see if I can make an 11.20 a.m. train rather than a 12.20 p.m. one. Have to get through Passport and collect a bag. Airbridge will help. Also seems to be on time or early a lot. Thanks again.

Ha sorry I misunderstood before. On arrival all other things being equal you should be able to make that train. I found it very quick once doors open, passport control is fast and close by (assuming you are sitting up front of the plane to get to front of queue). They have machines or officers to use so whatever you prefer. I'm usually at the car rental by 11 easily, which is a bit of a walk. I've not gotten the train but can't imagine its far away from the airline terminal.

Side note, every time on departing at Dublin they've announced ATC restrictions and a bit of a delay but flight has always been on time regardless

alserire Aug 13, 2018 10:02 am

Originally Posted by mccartje (Post 30077131)
Ha sorry I misunderstood before. On arrival all other things being equal you should be able to make that train. I found it very quick once doors open, passport control is fast and close by (assuming you are sitting up front of the plane to get to front of queue). They have machines or officers to use so whatever you prefer. I'm usually at the car rental by 11 easily, which is a bit of a walk. I've not gotten the train but can't imagine its far away from the airline terminal.

Side note, every time on departing at Dublin they've announced ATC restrictions and a bit of a delay but flight has always been on time regardless

Thanks for all the info. Much appreciated. Should have 40 to 50 minutes to get off, through control and collect bag so should be ok.

ROKNA Aug 13, 2018 11:33 am

Originally Posted by alserire (Post 30076986)

Was a jetbridge Saturday morning (4th) and on Friday evening.

Things are a bit messed up with the train currently as the Neufahrn - Feldmoching section is closed, so S1 is off, S8 is still good via Ostbahnhof

Arrive, exit arrivals to the right, go downstairs and then left into the Munich Airport Centre

Install the DB app and buy your ticket while the plane is taxiing in to avoid dealing with the confused tourists clogging up the machines

alserire Aug 13, 2018 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by ROKNA (Post 30077856)
Was a jetbridge Saturday morning (4th) and on Friday evening.

Things are a bit messed up with the train currently as the Neufahrn - Feldmoching section is closed, so S1 is off, S8 is still good via Ostbahnhof

Arrive, exit arrivals to the right, go downstairs and then left into the Munich Airport Centre

Install the DB app and buy your ticket while the plane is taxiing in to avoid dealing with the confused tourists clogging up the machines

Thanks. Already have ticket. S8 is fine as I'm chagning at Ostbanhof and heading for Salzburg!

All I need is a slightly early arrival and I'm sorted. Hopefully!

Thanks Again