Stobart Air?

Old Aug 6, 18, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Northwest, United
Stobart Air?

I'm looking at flights between DUB and EDI, and "Aer Lingus operated by Stobart Air" keeps turning up. Looks like mostly ATR-72 flights (3X daily) plus an occasional A320 flight.

I'm not familiar with Stobart Air. Looks like they do lots of regional flights for EI.

Anything I ought to know about them before booking flights between DUB and EDI? I'm perfectly happy on either an A320 or an ATR (props don't scare me).

Thanks.
Old Aug 6, 18, 6:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Not sure what you "ought to know" ... basically they're the equivalent of Skywest, Express Jets or any of the other regional carriers you choose to name in the US.
As with any ATR flight, limited carry-on space Stobart Air Carryons

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Aug 6, 18 at 6:23 am Reason: added thread link
Old Aug 6, 18, 7:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
The Edinburgh - Dublin route is all ATR72-600s, an A320 would be extremely unusual IME.

Stobart have operated the ATR fleet for many years, itís now a very modern fleet of mostly EI liveried planes - thereís a couple of plain white ones too. Buy on board service and friendly cabin crew. They arenít exactly spacious aircraft and very limited locker space especially as the carry on limits arenít well enforced.

Unusually you board from rear. Choice of a seat near the front for the best views or towards the back for benefit of being first off.

Basically at the end of the day itís an hours flight and the alternative is FR so....
Old Aug 6, 18, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Northwest, United
Thanks, that's about as I expected. I have no problem with smaller planes, regional service standards, etc. Just wanted to be sure there were no important surprises (ie you have to get out and push). Play on!
Old Aug 6, 18, 1:26 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus
Don't bother paying for priority boarding as passengers are bussed to and from the terminal.
Old Aug 6, 18, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ferg01 View Post
Don't bother paying for priority boarding as passengers are bussed to and from the terminal.
In my experience this year it's been 100% buses at DUB and about 50-50 at EDI.
Old Aug 7, 18, 8:37 am

Programs: Aer Lingus
Originally Posted by BobServant View Post
In my experience this year it's been 100% buses at DUB and about 50-50 at EDI.
Good point. My issue with EDI is that they scan your boarding card and send you downstairs only for you to have to wait outside...not an issue in summer but a real pain in the depths of winter.
Old Aug 10, 18, 2:49 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
Originally Posted by nwflyboy View Post
(ie you have to get out and push). Play on!
What does this even mean?

Search this Thread