BHD Base

Old Jul 22, 18, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
BHD Base

Having flown EI from BHD to LHR last night, was wondering if anyone knew if they still had a crew base at BHD? The Cabin Crew and Pilots seemed to both have more southern accents.
Old Jul 22, 18, 9:43 am

Programs: AerClub - Platinum, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by londonba2014 View Post
Having flown EI from BHD to LHR last night, was wondering if anyone knew if they still had a crew base at BHD? The Cabin Crew and Pilots seemed to both have more southern accents.
Not sure. I do know that crew from Dublin travel to Belfast to operate planes so it seems unlikely they still have Belfast based crew.
Old Aug 20, 18, 2:51 pm

Programs: Aer Club Concierge, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by alserire View Post
Not sure. I do know that crew from Dublin travel to Belfast to operate planes so it seems unlikely they still have Belfast based crew.
Belfast based cabin crew during the week, Dublin cabin crews at weekend. Pilots are mostly Dublin also, but there are a couple of local pilots.
Old Jul 23, 20, 7:26 am
ECR

"Aer Lingus and Stobart Air are to operate six new routes from Belfast City Airport.

They will fly to Edinburgh, Manchester, Birmingham, East Midlands, Leeds-Bradford and Exeter.

The new services will start on a phased basis from August.

Belfast City's chief executive Brian Ambrose said the airport is "delighted Aer Lingus is to establish a new base" at the airport."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-53502896
Old Jul 23, 20, 8:51 am

Its a real lifeline for Belfast and the wider business community great to see it and hopefully it thrives after the incentives run out. A lot of jobs were depending on a replacement for Flymaybe !
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 20, 6:39 am
ECR

Some of the Aer Lingus Regional flights to Belfast City started yesterday started yesterday, although it looks like this morning's flight from Edinburgh (EI3651) was diverted to Dublin for some reason. It will be interesting to see how they do.

I was hoping they might be bookable under a BA codeshare but unfortunately they don't seem to be. Hopefully they become available as a BA codeshare in time, as I wouldn't fly enough Aer Lingus flights in a year to make collecting in AerClub worthwhile.
Old Aug 31, 20, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold; BA Rust
Originally Posted by ECR View Post
I was hoping they might be bookable under a BA codeshare but unfortunately they don't seem to be. Hopefully they become available as a BA codeshare in time, as I wouldn't fly enough Aer Lingus flights in a year to make collecting in AerClub worthwhile.
You might want to re-think that strategy.

Paying for BA codeshares - if they are ever applied on these routes - would usually involve paying at least double what you would pay for the EI flightcodes. If that is more "worthwhile" than opening an Aer Club account and logging in every once in a while to transfer the Avios earned on your EI flights from your AerClub to your BA Executive Club account, I don't see why!!!
Old Aug 31, 20, 10:56 am
ECR

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
You might want to re-think that strategy.

Paying for BA codeshares - if they are ever applied on these routes - would usually involve paying at least double what you would pay for the EI flightcodes. If that is more "worthwhile" than opening an Aer Club account and logging in every once in a while to transfer the Avios earned on your EI flights from your AerClub to your BA Executive Club account, I don't see why!!!
Not worthwhile in the sense that I would not fly Aer Lingus enough to earn status in Aer Club, so when considering a flight on an EI code the price is the only consideration.

Some of the new routes compete with Easyjet flights (from Belfast International). I can earn avios easily from Tesco shopping, petrol and general expenditure on my Amex, so the small amount of avios I would earn from the Aer Lingus flight would not cause me to choose Aer Lingus if Easyjet was cheaper (which more often than not they are likely to be). I already have an Aer Club account from when I linked my avios.com account a few years ago and in the event that Aer Lingus is the cheapest option I can credit to that.

I can't earn tier points in BA Exec Club other than by flying, and consequently I value tier points much more than avios. I am aware that an Aer Lingus flight under a BA code is usually more expensive than under an EI code, although I did once book an expensive last minute Aer Lingus flight from LHR-BHD which was cheaper under the BA code. I am happy to pay a bit more for flights that are BA (including codeshares) or oneworld, but there are of course limits as to how much extra I am willing to pay which will be influenced by how much I need the tier points at the time.
Old Sep 28, 22, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver / AFKLM Gold
Wondering what is the future of the EI BHD base.

Aer Lingus Regional seems to do quite well with their flights, but rumour has been that EI stop their LHR flight and close their cabin crew base.

Would be a shame to see the LHR flight gone. Work is now paying for AerSpace tickets and I'm slowly getting Tier Credits and will hit Silver soon.
Old Sep 28, 22, 3:58 pm

Looks like BHD will be purely EIR for them . To be honest if I fly to LHR from BHD its BA CE much better product .

Let EI concentrate of what it does best at BHD and thats Emerald .
Old Oct 3, 22, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by DELLAS View Post
Looks like BHD will be purely EIR for them . To be honest if I fly to LHR from BHD its BA CE much better product .

Let EI concentrate of what it does best at BHD and thats Emerald .
Thats if EIR can be trusted to run a reliable operation out of BHD. Ive been dealing with way too many cancellations as of late out of Scotland on EIR despite short haul lengths across the Irish Sea.
Old Oct 14, 22, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver / AFKLM Gold
Today it's getting reported that Aer Lingus is axing the BHD-LHR route by the end of the month and cabin crew redeployed to flights from Dublin.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-42066333.html
hugolover likes this.
Old Oct 16, 22, 12:46 am

EI have a crap product, probably no one booking them over BArb's Luxury Cabins. BArb is British through and through just like like EI is so Irish.

Brexit? How does Michael manage his domestic flights? Does he bribe the CAA... by obtaining an AOC
Old Oct 16, 22, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
EI have a crap product, probably no one booking them over BArb's Luxury Cabins. BArb is British through and through just like like EI is so Irish.

Brexit? How does Michael manage his domestic flights? Does he bribe the CAA... by obtaining an AOC
Look for the RUK flight numbers, there are some 737s on the UK register.
Old Oct 16, 22, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
[Moderator edit to delete quote of post which has since been deleted as off-topic.]

I have yet to hear back from EI on my UK261 compensation claim though it has only been 3 weeks. Shoddy service all around.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Oct 18, 22 at 10:10 am Reason: See note above.

Search this Thread