Reciprocal BA Benefits

Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, EI Platinum
Angry Reciprocal BA Benefits

Does anyone have any insider information or guess as to when AerClub members will finally get reciprocal benefits on BA?

BA Executive Club cardholders fill our priority boarding lanes and use our lounges freely without hinderance, however, when I flew BA LHR-DUB, I thought (ignorantly) that I would get the same benefits when flying with them, only to be turned away at Business check-in, the lounge and priority boarding.

I'm not talking about joining OneWorld, earning Tier Credits or anything like that - more just returning the favour EI gives to BAEC cardholders!
Old Jul 12, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by ASHFlyer
Does anyone have any insider information or guess as to when AerClub members will finally get reciprocal benefits on BA?

BA Executive Club cardholders fill our priority boarding lanes and use our lounges freely without hinderance, however, when I flew BA LHR-DUB, I thought (ignorantly) that I would get the same benefits when flying with them, only to be turned away at Business check-in, the lounge and priority boarding.

I'm not talking about joining OneWorld, earning Tier Credits or anything like that - more just returning the favour EI gives to BAEC cardholders!
What are you on about? We don't get any of those benefits on EI either. I can't even use the BA lounge at BHD if booked on a EI codeshare, this despite the route supposedly being a joint venture. I'd love for there to be benefit reciprocity too, but we're just as hindered as you are!
Old Jul 12, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
BA card holders, no guest DUB/SNN/ORK/LHR only when flying to/from LHR/LGW on EI (applies also to BA first and biz) this dates from EI's departure from OW when BA had no service to Dublin at all so needed EI. The lounge staff in Dublin refuse BA Exec members access unless they meet the above conditions and there are a lot more refused than allowed in (I'll be in the lounge tomorrow in Dublin I'll take a count of the number turned away...)

There is no priority boarding, no priority check in for BA Exec, unless they have an onward flight with BA in First or Biz at which point the priority check in is allowed through not formally

I have access to the BA galleries lounge in LHR when flying with EI connecting to BA at LHR via Aer Club, again this dates from EI's departure from OW
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Mordac
What are you on about? We don't get any of those benefits on EI either.
You've obviously misinterpreted the OP's post, because that is exactly the point (s)he is making, while claiming that BA card holders get significant perks when travelling on BA.

(I wasn't aware that BA card holders were allowed any of these perks - except for Silver and Gold card holders being allowed to use the few EI lounges when travelling on some EI services)
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
You've obviously misinterpreted the OP's post, because that is exactly the point (s)he is making, while claiming that BA card holders get significant perks when travelling on BA.

(I wasn't aware that BA card holders were allowed any of these perks - except for Silver and Gold card holders being allowed to use the few EI lounges when travelling on some EI services)
Sorry, by we I meant BA card holders.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, by we I meant BA card holders.
Ah! That changes things.

(But you do get lounge access in the EI lounges when travelling on some EI flights)
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Ah! That changes things.

(But you do get lounge access in the EI lounges when travelling on some EI flights)
Only if you're gold (which I'm not), no guests, and not at BHD (nor on most flights from DUB)! But true, there is a very limited level of recognition which is far short of what would be desirable to both EI and BA elites. I think we can both agree on that. I was just commenting that BA elites are hardly using up all the EI benefits, as the OP seem to paint.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Only if you're gold (which I'm not)
Silvers get it too!

never been through BHD so if you were knocked back there, that may not be surprising, as it's a third party lounge. But in any actual EI-owned lounge, you should get in.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, EI Platinum
Originally Posted by ROKNA
BA card holders, no guest DUB/SNN/ORK/LHR only when flying to/from LHR/LGW on EI (applies also to BA first and biz) this dates from EI's departure from OW when BA had no service to Dublin at all so needed EI. The lounge staff in Dublin refuse BA Exec members access unless they meet the above conditions and there are a lot more refused than allowed in (I'll be in the lounge tomorrow in Dublin I'll take a count of the number turned away...)

There is no priority boarding, no priority check in for BA Exec, unless they have an onward flight with BA in First or Biz at which point the priority check in is allowed through not formally

I have access to the BA galleries lounge in LHR when flying with EI connecting to BA at LHR via Aer Club, again this dates from EI's departure from OW
That's interesting as I have seen many people in Priority lines on EI flashing their Gold cards to be allowed through, they must just accept it as not a big deal? (Wish BA would do the same with my AerClub card)
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ASHFlyer
That's interesting as I have seen many people in Priority lines on EI flashing their Gold cards to be allowed through, they must just accept it as not a big deal? (Wish BA would do the same with my AerClub card)
I have occasionally noticed the same thing although they seem to be getting stricter from LHR/T2.

Generally speaking the "Boarding Group" numbers on BA boarding passes seem to be well enforced and this eliminates the card flashing at the gate. Short haul EI outstations (small sample size in my case) seem to pretty much ignore them, better enforcement on long haul.
ASHFlyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.