FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aer Lingus | AerClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub-718/)
-   -   EI-GEY Business Class Seating (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub/1918992-ei-gey-business-class-seating.html)

trustno1 Jul 9, 2018 9:27 am

EI-GEY Business Class Seating

Hi All. I am using my Conc upgrades to travel to IAD over the Summer with my wife. Previously the seating chart gave the EI A332 seating display and I had picked 4HK. The seating chart has changed in the last few days and now has the EI-GEY seating chart with my wife and I still in 4HK. Given that these seats are separate from the rest of the business class cabin, does anybody have a view as to whether 4HK are better, the same or worse than seated in the first three rows. Many Thanks.

preacherirl Jul 10, 2018 1:53 am

The issue is noise. They are beside the galley from where all meals (economy and business) are sent out. So there is a lot of coming and going with trollies etc. If it was me I would change seats.

Ny the way, all seats have very little storage. Even the overhead lockers are very small,

trustno1 Jul 10, 2018 2:19 am

Thanks for that...I'll move.

mccartje Jul 10, 2018 4:45 am

IGNORE I'VE BEEN CORRECTED

Is EI-GEY not also an A332? In which case 4HK is the pair seats still in the right middle of the cabin not close to the galley or toilets. I'd prefer a central pair of seats D/G for more storage space at the seats and direct aisle access for both granted with more separation between both of you so it depends what you prioritise I guess. Overhead storage on the A332 is very good I've found.

Unless its been switched to the B757-2, never been on that but previous reply seems to point to that plane maybe....in which case a switch may be sensible.

Dambus Jul 10, 2018 5:23 am

Originally Posted by mccartje (Post 29957583)
Is EI-GEY not also an A332? In which case 4HK is the pair seats still in the right middle of the cabin not close to the galley or toilets. I'd prefer a central pair of seats D/G for more storage space at the seats and direct aisle access for both granted with more separation between both of you so it depends what you prioritise I guess. Overhead storage on the A332 is very good I've found.

Unless its been switched to the B757-2, never been on that but previous reply seems to point to that plane maybe....in which case a switch may be sensible.

EI-GEY is a leased A332 - previously in service with Qatar and with a different cabin layout and different Business Class seats. Here is a previous thread on this: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-...s-iad-dub.html

It seems the plan is to re-configure with EI seats at some point but YMMV!

justsawaufo Mar 15, 2019 9:02 am

EI-GEY - Business Class layout?

I'm scheduled to fly IAD-DUB EI 118 on 3/17 and DUB-IAD on 3/24 on A332, the seat map shows 1-2-1 but the plane itself seems to be EI-GEY
I was able to find a few posts and blogs suggesting that this is a leased airplane from Qatar with 2-2-2 seat configuration.

Does anyone know if it has been retrofitted? If not, it's a major downgrade from 1-2-1 lay flat.

Thanks!

justsawaufo Mar 15, 2019 9:34 am

do you know if EI-GEY was retrofitted? I'm scheduled to fly IAD-DUB EI 118 on 3/17 and DUB-IAD on 3/24 on A332, the seat map shows 1-2-1 but the plane itself seems to be EI-GEY
I was able to find a few posts and blogs suggesting that this is a leased airplane from Qatar with 2-2-2 seat configuration.

ROKNA Mar 15, 2019 9:47 am

Originally Posted by justsawaufo (Post 30890661)
do you know if EI-GEY was retrofitted?

Still in Qatar config

justsawaufo Mar 15, 2019 10:04 am

Originally Posted by ROKNA (Post 30890717)
Still in Qatar config

I guess it's time to reroute though nyc or bos... damn.

justsawaufo Mar 15, 2019 11:35 am

Ok, I called Aer Lingus multiple times... the agents assured me (I recorded this call) that the plane operates the below routes and dates is an A332 with 1-2-1(scattered). :
IAD-DUB EI 118 on 3/17
DUB-IAD on 3/24

I HIGHLY DOUBT IT, as EI-GEY is currently in route to IAD from DUB and the only A332 that operated this route in the past 90 days is EI-GEY.
I also opened an escalation on aer lingus, where my concerns were noted as I will try to chase that after the matter....EI refuse to re-route me via different city or change the departure date.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f7826c1d89.png
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...a7e3a40ec3.png
Schedule....

EI-GEY

For what it's worth, if EI-GEY wasn't retrofitted, instead of getting what I paid for:

- 1-2-1 config
- direct isle access
- wifi
- lay flat seat

I'll be getting
- 2-2-2 configuration
- no direct isle access
- no wifi
- angled or close to lay flat seat.

ROKNA Mar 17, 2019 7:57 am

Curiously EI-EWR is flying to IAD today, guessing to collect quite a few government bigwigs, or it could be A check time for EI-GEY

Ei-GEY does have WiFi and certainly has the same antenna on the roof as the remainder of the fleet

alserire Mar 18, 2019 3:33 am

With due respect why would you be entitled to a reroute or a change of date because you don't like the plane they're using? That makes little or no sense I'm afraid.

justsawaufo Mar 18, 2019 5:11 am

Originally Posted by alserire (Post 30899765)
With due respect why would you be entitled to a reroute or a change of date because you don't like the plane they're using? That makes little or no sense I'm afraid.

I purchased a ticket on a 1-2-1 aircraft with lie flat seats. If I get 2-2-2 with angled seat it's a downgrade.
Luckily, I was served by EI-EWR, let's see the return :)

alserire Mar 18, 2019 6:39 am

Originally Posted by justsawaufo (Post 30900016)
I purchased a ticket on a 1-2-1 aircraft with lie flat seats. If I get 2-2-2 with angled seat it's a downgrade.
Luckily, I was served by EI-EWR, let's see the return :)

You purchased a business class ticket. That is all. Change of metal is not a reason to reroute or change date. That's totally unreasonable.

And even though you HIGHLY DOUBTED they were telling the truth it appears they were.

trustno1 Mar 18, 2019 1:09 pm

Having flown on EI-GEY to and from IAD, I have to say that it was perfectly acceptable. Sat in Row 3. It certainly would not put me out if I was on it again. In fact, I'm off to EWR in May and I see that this aircraft appears a lot on this route. Doesn't bother me at all. Same friendly crews and same excellent inflight service.