Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Last Minute EI Award Availability

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2019, 8:51 am

I am checking avios.com.

I have considered the various other options already. One thing about cheap cash tickets is the lack of baggage, etc., so using avios even in economy would probably be worth it, but I prefer to use avios on business class flights, hence my consideration of BA's availability in the absence of EI.

Thanks to all those who helped.

It sounds, by the way, like I should be calling BA to make the redemption but should be prepared for there to be "less availability" than avios.com shows, according to some sites. I'll make the call today when I get round to it but I hope I can snag the specific seat I have in mind.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:26 am

FYI, I just booked it - I decided to stay in Dublin in the end. Taxes were £28 with BA over the phone vs £103 on avios.com.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by _nate
FYI, I just booked it - I decided to stay in Dublin in the end. Taxes were £28 with BA over the phone vs £103 on avios.com.
Was that for a BA or EI flight? Hope they didn't charge you phone booking fee...
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:05 am

EI, and they proactively waived the fee. Actually, the agent was quite astonished at how low the taxes were for a transatlantic flight. I told him to try redeeming for business class on intra-East-Asia flights!

I got my desired seat while on the phone, which is handy because neither the BA nor the EI site offer the ability to change it.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by _nate
EI, and they proactively waived the fee. Actually, the agent was quite astonished at how low the taxes were. I told him to try redeeming for business class on intra-East-Asia flights!
Nice, getting mixed reports on lower fees for booking over the phone with BAEC versus avios.com for EI so good to have a data point!
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:23 am

Or though £103 sounds crazy expensive for DUB-London short hop now that I think of it (or were you talking about SEA-DUB-LON?). As all I see on avios.com for DUB-LHR one way is €16.95
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: AerClub, BAEC.
Originally Posted by mccartje
Or though £103 sounds crazy expensive for DUB-London short hop now that I think of it (or were you talking about SEA-DUB-LON?). As all I see on avios.com for DUB-LHR one way is €16.95
Unless the Atlantic has relocated, I don't think it could have been DUB-LHR.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by DiegoTristan

Unless the Atlantic has relocated, I don't think it could have been DUB-LHR.
haha indeed. still in which case £28 for a tatl via BAEC is excellent value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.