FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aer Lingus | AerClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub-718/)
-   -   Ugliest Cards Ever (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub/1914761-ugliest-cards-ever.html)

ASHFlyer Jun 16, 2018 2:50 pm

Ugliest Cards Ever

Does anyone else find the AerClub cards to be very amateur in their design (especially the logo)?

The concierge card in particular when printed looks awful! (I still keep my Platinum bag tags on instead)

(Wishing they'd also make the digital boarding passes the colour of your status to make life easier so you don't need to take out such a monstrosity)

alserire Jun 16, 2018 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by ASHFlyer (Post 29873844)
Does anyone else find the AerClub cards to be very amateur in their design (especially the logo)?

The concierge card in particular when printed looks awful! (I still keep my Platinum bag tags on instead)

(Wishing they'd also make the digital boarding passes the colour of your status to make life easier so you don't need to take out such a monstrosity)

I don't care about the cards. I just want my Tier Points and Avios. Which I'm still asking for three months after the flight.

trustno1 Jun 17, 2018 12:13 am

You must have a wonderful care free life if the colour of the Aer Club Card has you bothered🤪

ROKNA Jun 17, 2018 5:59 am

I like the card, its a vast improvement vs the Gold Circle card and its a lot nicer than many others

The app does show status on the boarding card (but not in the iOS wallet), the printed boarding cards will show status as a 4 letter code

DELLAS Jun 17, 2018 7:45 am

I think the cards are fine. As above I prefer to get the benefits and points as expected. A more personalised Mobile Boarding pass would be desirable though.

ROKNA Jun 17, 2018 8:30 am

Only change would be to ensure it says 'Priority Boarding' if you have status

EI don't differentiate between status levels, the current silver and platinum colours are too similar for a start to base anything off colour.

David Barber Jun 19, 2018 3:15 am

At least you've got your card. I've been concierge for almost 2 months and not got it yet. I can't even phone the concierge to try and get the service as I don't have the phone number, I've asked them many times but no one seems to know it. I have an email address of 1 person to use but if that guy is off I'm struggling.

preacherirl Jun 20, 2018 3:01 am

Originally Posted by David Barber (Post 29881595)
At least you've got your card. I've been concierge for almost 2 months and not got it yet. I can't even phone the concierge to try and get the service as I don't have the phone number, I've asked them many times but no one seems to know it. I have an email address of 1 person to use but if that guy is off I'm struggling.

I reached and well exceeded the Concierge threshold several weeks ago but they still haven't even upgraded me "online", let alone send the physical card. The system tells me that I am platinum and need MINUS 150 points to reach Concierge level!

Tweeted and was told wait two weeks and see what happens.

Called after two weeks - told send an email, wait two weeks, and see what happens.

And this is for their highest level customers!

David Barber Jun 20, 2018 4:26 am

Originally Posted by preacherirl (Post 29885634)
I reached and well exceeded the Concierge threshold several weeks ago but they still haven't even upgraded me "online", let alone send the physical card. The system tells me that I am platinum and need MINUS 150 points to reach Concierge level!

Tweeted and was told wait two weeks and see what happens.

Called after two weeks - told send an email, wait two weeks, and see what happens.

And this is for their highest level customers!

That's awful, I got the status online a few days after my qualifying flight. I take it you've checked on their website as well as the mobile app?

I would give you the email address of the concierge guy that they gave me but I'm guessing forum rules prohibit email addresses.

If you tweet them and ask them to get concierge to phone you they will, they have done that twice for me. You have to contact the concierge for every benefit, for example if you want to change a flight for free you can't do it online. I tried it online and they charged me, the concierge later refunded me. They do seem very good, it's just getting hold of them that's an issue until you get the card. You're not missing too much aside from the snazzy black colour by not seeing the right status online.

preacherirl Jun 21, 2018 1:55 am

Thanks for that David. Yes it is the same on the website as on the app. And I have already tweeted them - I was told to wait two weeks and then get back to them if nothing happened. That expired yesterday so I called them this time. Told to wait two weeks and then try again! Based on your advice I might try tweeting again and ask them to get the concierge people to call me, it's worth a try. thanks

ASHFlyer Jun 21, 2018 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by preacherirl (Post 29889543)
Thanks for that David. Yes it is the same on the website as on the app. And I have already tweeted them - I was told to wait two weeks and then get back to them if nothing happened. That expired yesterday so I called them this time. Told to wait two weeks and then try again! Based on your advice I might try tweeting again and ask them to get the concierge people to call me, it's worth a try. thanks

The concierge line is 01 886 8263

Hope this helps :-)

preacherirl Jun 22, 2018 1:57 am

Finally got it sorted! Thanks for the help!

AlanA Jun 22, 2018 3:40 am

ah, a DYKWIA moment.....

ASHFlyer Jul 17, 2018 4:34 am

Hopefully their next redesign looks something like this:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e87b1e72b2.jpg

Including new boarding pass designs that reflect your status:
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f97deb11e3.jpg

Earthman Jul 23, 2018 4:06 am

How long does platinum status last for
Im deciding if it’s worth it
,is it just 12 months from your next renewal date or is it 2 years

going on the stories here might it be nearly 2 years anyway before you get a card or even have benefits after passing the threshold or will benefits stream straight away?

thanks
asking here instead of s new thread