Programs: AAdvantage
EI GEY

Won’t have the new seats fitted as the seats themselves are delayed
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CallBell
Won’t have the new seats fitted as the seats themselves are delayed
*sigh*...
Still hoping to avoid the QR seats later this year.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: DL DM PM
This looks like the current IAD - DUB seat map in J. These planes are still being used on this route?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
It typically stays on the IAD DUB route. It should receive the new seats this winter. United's offering from IAD is even worse

The A321 NEO LR with the full lie flat seats will fly IAD DUB from October 29th
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ROKNA
3 days per week from October until later in the winter, when it will be every day. Until the A321 is used every day, the A330 will be used for the other days.
A330 seat maps for DUB-IAD flights in late December show the "normal" A330 J class configuration, and I read on boards.ie that the plan is to update the EI-GEY cabin to the "normal" J class config in November/December.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by ROKNA
It typically stays on the IAD DUB route. It should receive the new seats this winter. United's offering from IAD is even worse

Oh well, bad timing. My first time on EI TATL and it's on this battered bird. Looks like the "armrest" between adjacent chairs offers little privacy. I'm used to Delta or VS. Will report back next week!
Old Sep 15, 2019, 6:29 am

Well I lucked out: had to change my flight and scored the newer bird with the new flight. In the air now and enjoying the service and the seat. Only weirdness is not getting the blanket until in the air. Seat is comfortable and IFE seems good. Now to try the drink and food!
Old Sep 16, 2019, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
Only weirdness is not getting the blanket until in the air.
Given that it appears you were on the daytime DUB-IAD flight, I doubt you wanted to immediately go to sleep on board. I actually prefer that they allow you to settle in first before passing out the blankets/pillows etc. Finding space to stow blankets and pillows as well as your carry on before take-off, and then retrieving them again when you need them, is a hassle that is not always welcome, or even needed on a daytime flight if you don't intend sleep!
Old Sep 16, 2019, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Given that it appears you were on the daytime DUB-IAD flight, I doubt you wanted to immediately go to sleep on board. I actually prefer that they allow you to settle in first before passing out the blankets/pillows etc. Finding space to stow blankets and pillows as well as your carry on before take-off, and then retrieving them again when you need them, is a hassle that is not always welcome, or even needed on a daytime flight if you don't intend sleep!
I like to recline and relax before takeoff and I'm always cold on planes. EI isn't as bad as US airlines in that respect, but still a bit chilly.

Enjoyed the flight, though. Excellent service including an FA who forced a bunch of scones on me to take home for breakfast the next day - today!
irishguy28, alserire and GFrye like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.