ORD-DUB-TXL Connection time

Old May 20, 2018, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
ORD-DUB-TXL Connection time

As indicated I have a flight, all one ticket, ORD-DUB-TXL and am worried about the connection time. Arrive DUB @ 0515 then on to TXL @ 0645. Any issues or concerns with this? Security/immigration /baggage issues? Any other advice greatly appreciated.
Old May 20, 2018, 3:22 pm

Shouldn't be any problem at all, most of the times all NA inbound flights arrive 30min - 1hr earlier.
Old May 20, 2018, 8:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bobnchi
As indicated I have a flight, all one ticket, ORD-DUB-TXL and am worried about the connection time. Arrive DUB @ 0515 then on to TXL @ 0645. Any issues or concerns with this? Security/immigration /baggage issues? Any other advice greatly appreciated.
I'm confused about what you're "worried" about?
EI sells you this ticket as it knows it is an attainable (and commercially-viable) connection.
You have 90 mins between flights. The official MCT (Minimum Connection Time) for TATL arrival to Euro/UK departure is 60 mins.
If you look at the Dublin Airport website, there is a clear step-by-step guide to making the connection.
If you searched this forum "DUB connection" or similar, you'd find one of myriad threads, including Connection procedure at DUB? and BOS-DUB-FCO 55Minute Termianl 2 Connection? that detail the experiences of US-originating passengers making similar European connection.
Old May 20, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
No problem

Walk off plane to connections 10 minutes
Quick passport check 5 minutes
No customs, no security, no need to collect baggage
Walk to TXL flight 5-15 minutes (typically TXL goes from a 300 gate so be sure to check)
Old May 21, 2018, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
Thanks all. We never have traveled internationally with this of short connection time, but this is kind of what I thought. It's reassuring.
Old May 21, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by bobnchi
Thanks all. We never have traveled internationally with this of short connection time, but this is kind of what I thought. It's reassuring.

Won't be an issue. Loads of time. DUB T2 is actually quite small. Even walking from the 400 to 300 gates would only take about ten minutes max. As you're transiting Passport will be a breeze too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.