Flight AMS-DUB cancelled

Old Apr 29, 18, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Flight AMS-DUB cancelled

Hi,
I was booked on EI 0603 this morning from AMS to DUB and onward to BOS. However due to the power outage the flight is cancelled. I have been trying to contact Aer Lingus, but the offices are all closed. Is there anyway to contact them and rebook my flight? The booking did not change automatically online, and I cann't rebook myself online on a different flight.
Old Apr 29, 18, 2:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This sounds like a query for our colleagues in the Aer Lingus forum, though the pace of life over there is a little less frenetic than the BA forum. I'm not going to pretend to be an EI expert, but in your shoes, if it was a 125 issued ticket I would call BA, they can do something with your booking; ditto AA if 001. If it's an EI ticket then only they can touch the reservation, so I would go to AMS at/before the normal time, if you haven't gotten hold of someone sooner on the telephone, and get them to process it there. I would research what options are suitable / ok for you based on Google Flights or ExpertFlyer. I wouldn't spend too long on the EI website or App, it's limitations are glaringly obvious.....
Old Apr 29, 18, 2:12 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel

I'm sorry to hear your travel has been disrupted this morning. I moved your thread over to the Aer Lingus forum.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Apr 29, 18, 5:38 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
If you have checked in online you won't be able to manage the booking as its been handed over to the airport systems

Best option is to proceed to AMS, and get the local agents to rebook you to the EI605 which gets in at 1440 which might be good for the late afternoon to BOS if its running today

EC261 wouldn't apply here as this was a unforeseen event, but the duty of care, rerouting etc would apply

EI customer service does work Sundays https://www.aerlingus.com/support/contact-us/ try + 353 1 8868505
Old Apr 29, 18, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
As it's EI causing the disruption (not assessing blame, simply the fact), it is EI's duty to deal with rebooking. While it is absurd that some carriers continue to provide less than 24/7 customer service, especially for IRROPS, the US line is open 21-22 hours per day (weekends are 21) and is closed from 01:00-03:00/04:00 Eastern US time. USA: (516) 622-4222.

Presuming that this is all on one-ticket, EI ought to be able to find space for you and either route you via LON or a US East Coast gateway such as NYC.

Search this Thread