Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Flight booking problems - website keeps giving incorrect dates to the ones I select!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight booking problems - website keeps giving incorrect dates to the ones I select!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Anyone else have this problem or solution to it? Trying to book a flight on EI website. I select my dates and go through the steps, at the end it has given me the wrong dates (e.g. it is giving dates 2 days before what I selected). Tried different computers, browsers, locations and dates all had the same problem. Looking on their twitter account others seem to have the same problem but no solution that I could see, with EI asking people to clear their cookies and cache but doesn't make a difference it seems.

Very poor from EI, they really do make it hard to be loyal to them.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:32 pm

I have a feeling their site has been hacked.
Since last night I have been trying to access prices on the website and keep getting different error messages, such as 'No flights available for dates' 'you do not have permission to access this page'.
I was able to get prices using the app.
Also I needed to do a check in for a flight and could only do it through the app and not on the website.
Tried Chrome, Firefox, Opera and IE.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

I remember seeing a maintenance warning on the app a couple of days ago about disruption in checking in on the app only but can't remember for when it said that period was. Warning seems to have disappeared from the app now anyway but I wonder does it have something to do with that....
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:48 pm

Website working again now!
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Not for me unfortunately, still giving me dates I'm not selecting and can't change to what I want (well I can but it still gives me the wrong dates when I go through to the confirmation section).
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:03 pm

I've gone right through to the credit card payment page and it is holding the correct dates and times.
this is on Chrome

Try closing your browser and reopening it.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Sadly still can't get it to work and tried a couple different browsers and a colleagues computer who never uses EI so definitely no cache on his. I'm in the US at the moment I wonder has that got anything to do with it......can't think why it would.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Update on this, seems to be (for me anyway) a US based problem. I still couldn't get the website to work correctly from US but rang our Irish office and they could book it with no problems. Anecdotally on EI twitter it seems people US based are also having the issue highlighted.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mccartje
Very poor from EI, they really do make it hard to be loyal to them.
Any reason you couldn't book from a third party? ManyOTAs [or at least Expedia] will offer the same price as EI direct...
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Any reason you couldn't book from a third party? ManyOTAs [or at least Expedia] will offer the same price as EI direct...
I probably could have, but can I easily manage my booking using them (seat/meal selection, adding FF #, online check in etc, been so long since I haven't booked direct with an airline I forget)?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:39 pm

I had this same problem when booking a one-way flight on Sunday. I was using the mobile website, and unfortunately didn't realize until after the purchase was confirmed that I had booked a flight for the wrong date (i.e. not the date I put in the search). OTA wasn't an option as the flight was pricing much higher on Expedia, etc.

I called EI and was on hold for over an hour before getting through. The agent was able to move me to the correct date but charged me the fare difference, which was small so I didn't argue. No change fee charged. Got a confirmation email with the new (correct) details.

Looking at the desktop website now (US based) and it's still a mess. I'm searching a one-way flight DUB-GLA on 27 June. When I put that date in the search bar on the main page, it takes me to results for 25 June. Then, by clicking on 29 June in the calendar, I can get flights for 27 June to come up - but when I select and click through to the payment page, it's saying I've selected 28 June! This is frustrating and easy to miss, especially on the mobile site. Can't believe it's been this way for (seemingly) at least the last 3 days, with no fix and no note on the website.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimindc
I had this same problem when booking a one-way flight on Sunday. I was using the mobile website, and unfortunately didn't realize until after the purchase was confirmed that I had booked a flight for the wrong date (i.e. not the date I put in the search). OTA wasn't an option as the flight was pricing much higher on Expedia, etc.

I called EI and was on hold for over an hour before getting through. The agent was able to move me to the correct date but charged me the fare difference, which was small so I didn't argue. No change fee charged. Got a confirmation email with the new (correct) details.

Looking at the desktop website now (US based) and it's still a mess. I'm searching a one-way flight DUB-GLA on 27 June. When I put that date in the search bar on the main page, it takes me to results for 25 June. Then, by clicking on 29 June in the calendar, I can get flights for 27 June to come up - but when I select and click through to the payment page, it's saying I've selected 28 June! This is frustrating and easy to miss, especially on the mobile site. Can't believe it's been this way for (seemingly) at least the last 3 days, with no fix and no note on the website.
Yes that is precisely the problem I was having. It is very poor form to be fully aware of the problem for a number of days and not have a note on the website at all about itl. I imagine the phone lines (while usually poor) are especially clogged up at the moment with this, I gave up on the US number after 20 minutes on hold.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
My OTA couldn't book web fares today, just the IATA/GDS fare. Put it down to our shockingly poor new booking tool

Website worked perfectly though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.