Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No boarding pass for US Leg

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

No boarding pass for US Leg

Hi, just about to take my first Aer Lingus flight tomorrow going BRS-DUB-JFK. Online check in has given me a pass for the BRS-DUB leg, but for the transatlantic leg I got "Online check-in is not available, Please go to the airport to check-in" - I'm guessing I've probably been SSSSed which while annoying isn't an issue. What I am curious about is will I get my DUB-JFK pass at the bag drop at BRS or do I need to collect it in Dublin? I have a 2 hour connection if it is SSSS is it worth heading straight for Preclearance?

Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Don't forget to return to online check-in again later; perhaps you can get it then.

if you can't obtain the boarding pass at BRS, then you will be able to do so while transferring in Dublin. There's no need to worry.

Even if it is an "SSSS" I don't really see that you need to head to preclearance immediately...unless you're happy to do all your waiting past US security where there are fewer facilities than in the rest of the airport. (of course, if you have access to the lounge, then maybe it's not a bad idea).

Please come back and tell us how the story resolved itself. And have a great trip!
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Just go to the transfer desk for the boarding card.

For reference Mobile app will not allow US check in due US requirements.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
As noted you cannot check in on a mobile device for the US> This may be your problem
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Hi I'm back from my trip sorry I couldn't reply earlier.

I picked up my boarding pass at Bristol and indeed it was SSSS. Though Bristol was also fog bound, so initial plan was to bus us to Cardiff but in the end the fog lifted. But with a 1hr 10min delay (which may have become longer if the drunk rugby supporters hadn't heeded the threats from the crew of having the Gardaí meet the plane) it did eat up most of my time, so I had to go straight to US preclearance. The SSSS took all of 5 mins (though having experienced the TSA on the return, I can full well see how they take 40 mins) and I arrived just as the last few passengers were boarding.

I didn't have a mobile pass, I was instead trying to check in and print out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.