Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Avios and Tier from European Airports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold

Do people find themselves having to contact EI almost all the time to have tier points and Avios added for flights from European airports? No problem at all for all flights from Dublin or the US but every time I return from a European airport I have to get on to them. Just wondering if it's the same for everyone else. How can they themselves not be aware of the fact that the flight was taken?
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Apart from Amsterdam its the same and indeed was the same in Gold Circle

Check in at outstations is not online so its doesn't all join up
Old Mar 15, 2018, 1:07 am

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
I travel every week to Frankfurt and not once has my Tier Points or Avios posted ex FRA. The other thing is that Avios points are a complete mystery as to how they are calculated as they differ from week to week even though the fare paid is the same. I have no idea how Avios are calculated and the Concierge desk does not know either.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by trustno1
The other thing is that Avios points are a complete mystery as to how they are calculated as they differ from week to week even though the fare paid is the same. I have no idea how Avios are calculated and the Concierge desk does not know either.

I gave up trying to work that one out ages ago. I have had like for like bookings same Fare Basis and route/fare etc... random AVIOS posting. Now these have gone mostly in my favor so I wont complain too much !
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:01 am
Original Poster

I travel every week to Frankfurt and not once has my Tier Points or Avios posted ex FRA. The other thing is that Avios points are a complete mystery as to how they are calculated as they differ from week to week even though the fare paid is the same. I have no idea how Avios are calculated and the Concierge desk does not know either.
Why the hell don't they sort it out then I wonder.

Do you always get them after contacting them?

I just can't understand how EI cannot see on their own system that you have taken the flight. Surely it can't be that difficult to see it somewhere on their system.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 2:36 am

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
I use the “add missing flights” link on the EI website 3 days after completing my trip (usually a Thur) and the FRA-DUB leg appears the following day and the DUB-FRA leg appears over the weekend. My flights are entirely predictable. Out from FRA on Thursday evening and back from DUB on Monday morning. I manage the whole thing very closely as I try to ensure that I re-qualify for Concierge with as few excess Tier points as possible (I pay for all flights).
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:04 am

Along with this, and maybe I've missed it, they don't seem to provide a statement of Tier Points. So, you kinda have to calculate yourself what you've earned.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

I use the “add missing flights” link on the EI website 3 days after completing my trip (usually a Thur) and the FRA-DUB leg appears the following day and the DUB-FRA leg appears over the weekend. My flights are entirely predictable. Out from FRA on Thursday evening and back from DUB on Monday morning. I manage the whole thing very closely as I try to ensure that I re-qualify for Concierge with as few excess Tier points as possible (I pay for all flights).
Waiting a month now for points and Avios for a flight back from Berlin. Got the DUB-TXL within days but nothing for the return. Used the missing flights link. Nothing. Contacted them on Facebook Messenger. Got a response a few days ago but still no points or Avios. In London next weekend. Likely get those points and Avios before the Berlin one.

It's an awful mess.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Took less than 24 hours for SuperValu vouchers which I converted to show up in my account.

STILL waiting, after two contacts, for Tier points and Avios from a flight taken a month ago...........
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: Aerclub,ba executive, flying blue, miles and more
Is this all still a mess? Don't fancy having to chase them for every flight I take. What happens if your anniversary passes and they Havnt credited the tiers you are due. This is bound to cause problems. Wondering if its worth time and money trying to keep the silver I was kindly given.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Every flight I have taken in the last 3 months has automatically created within 10 days
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Every flight I have taken in the last 3 months has automatically created within 10 days
Me too. IN fairness it has improved enormously. They seem to have ironed out the kinks.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:08 am

Even Dusseldorf which never worked even in GC days works now.

DUS, MUC, TXL, VIE all worked for me but can take 7-10 days, that said DUB/LHR/AMS/US update faster 3-5 days normally
alserire and Shamrock86 like this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: Aerclub,ba executive, flying blue, miles and more
Well this sounds more encouraging. Retaining silver will be touch and go for me, and having to potentially chase them all the time would kill the scheme for me probably.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.