Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Punctuality of the Aer Lingus service to SFO?

Old Mar 5, 18, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA.AV

I am picking up a client off this flight on Wednesday and then have a lengthy trip by road to Santa Barbara. Can any regular traveller give me information about the typical punctuality of this flight? Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 6, 18, 2:09 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Normally very good generally a little early, but dependent on the Atlantic Jet stream

I've been 60 minutes early to 30 minutes late, but in general its early

Operations at Dublin were badly disrupted recently by snow but everything going forward should be normal
Old Mar 6, 18, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by Cymbo View Post
I am picking up a client off this flight on Wednesday and then have a lengthy trip by road to Santa Barbara. Can any regular traveller give me information about the typical punctuality of this flight? Thanks in advance.
Normally quite good. Usually you get a good idea from the last 7 days of stats online but as already mentioned the last week has been unusual so you cant go by that. Check the flight status on EI.COM or App and as the flight is 10 hours you will have plenty of notice should there be delays.

Last edited by DELLAS; Mar 6, 18 at 6:07 am
Old Mar 6, 18, 5:03 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Ouch, thatís not a fun drive after a TATL flight! Client couldnít fly into LAX instead?

AerLingus have been good to me punctuality-wise overall, but Iíve only taken that particular flight twice.

Last edited by gr8pirate; Mar 6, 18 at 5:04 am Reason: Typo
Old Mar 6, 18, 10:34 am

Programs: AerClub - Platinum
EI's TATL punctuality is very good. On the way out even an hour's delay can often be made up over the course of such a long flight. Should be fine.
Old Mar 6, 18, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for those most helpful comments. My long drive is necessitated by having to pick up other clients ex Hawaii coming into San Francisco and San Jose so it is just going to be one of those days! The worst part will be the first two hours of the drive but once we hit Gilroy it should be a pretty fast run to Santa Barbara.
Old Mar 6, 18, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Cymbo View Post
Thank you all for those most helpful comments. My long drive is necessitated by having to pick up other clients ex Hawaii coming into San Francisco and San Jose so it is just going to be one of those days! The worst part will be the first two hours of the drive but once we hit Gilroy it should be a pretty fast run to Santa Barbara.
Mmm, that tasty garlic smell....
Old Mar 6, 18, 4:17 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Just to note passengers inbound from Dublin will have done US customs and immigration in Dublin before departure so they just walk off in SFO grab their bags and exit
Old Mar 7, 18, 9:03 am
Original Poster

What a good idea, thanks for this most helpful information.

Search this Thread