EI124 Feb 14th > 3 hours delayed

Old Feb 16, 18, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Silver, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
EI124 Feb 14th > 3 hours delayed

Anyone know why EI124 ORD-DUB was delayed?

Couple of work colleagues on this flight and it arrived over 3 hours late which I believe means they can claim under EC261/2004.
Old Feb 16, 18, 5:25 am

if its weather related they can't
Old Feb 16, 18, 7:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What did the colleagues say was the reason for the delay? I would find it surprising if there were not announcements at the gate and even by the Captain enroute. That might not be the end of the story, but as you are helping them and they were present, they ought to have some details.
Old Feb 16, 18, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Silver, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
What did the colleagues say was the reason for the delay? I would find it surprising if there were not announcements at the gate and even by the Captain enroute. That might not be the end of the story, but as you are helping them and they were present, they ought to have some details.
Late inbound aircraft was the reason given. I don’t think they were paying that much attention to the announcements (and also not too bothered about claiming for the delay strangely...)

Old Feb 16, 18, 9:08 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
What happened before your flight is not relevant

EI124 was more than 3 hours late EC261 applies and its a clear cut case
Old Feb 16, 18, 1:14 pm

Was it this one?

Aer Lingus flight bound for USA forced to return to Dublin after suffering undercarriage issue

The incident happened to flight EI125 shortly after it took off at 2pm

An Aer Lingus flight bound for the USA has been forced to return to Dublin after suffering a mechanical issue on board.

The incident, which affected flight EI125 to Chicago, happened shortly after the flight took off from Dublin Airport at 2pm.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dubli...d-usa-14290300
Old Feb 16, 18, 4:19 pm

If the inbound plane was late because the originally intended plane went MX then compensation is due for sure.
Old Feb 19, 18, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Yes, that was the aircraft affected.

Seems cut and dried in terms of EC261/2004! Would love to know how many PAX actually make a claim....
Old Feb 21, 18, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by Dambus View Post
Yes, that was the aircraft affected.

Seems cut and dried in terms of EC261/2004! Would love to know how many PAX actually make a claim....
Thats the point. Airlines count on hundreds if not thousands of passengers a year not knowing their rights or not bothering to claim. Personally I think it should be law to automatically refund compensation due by emailing all passengers on the flight afterwards. The technology is certainly there.
Old Feb 21, 18, 9:25 am

Programs: AerClub - Platinum
Originally Posted by DELLAS View Post
Thats the point. Airlines count on hundreds if not thousands of passengers a year not knowing their rights or not bothering to claim. Personally I think it should be law to automatically refund compensation due by emailing all passengers on the flight afterwards. The technology is certainly there.
And then watch the fares shoot up.

If an airline covers my expenses then gets me to my destination I'm not overly bothered about compensation. Especially if it's a tech matter.
Old Feb 21, 18, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by alserire View Post
And then watch the fares shoot up.

If an airline covers my expenses then gets me to my destination I'm not overly bothered about compensation. Especially if it's a tech matter.
Often does not work that way . Airlines often try to get out of offering anything leaving passengers to sleep on the floor. Been caught up in it myself and seen exactly how things were handled or rather mishandled.

Aer Lingus passengers say they are furious with the airline after their flight home was cancelled twice and they were left “stranded” for hours at Lanzarote Airport without vouchers for food or water.
Passengers who were due to travel from Lanzarote to Dublin last Sunday afternoon on the 12.30pm flight received a text the previous evening that the flight was cancelled for “technical reasons”. The text included an offer of a replacement flight at 8.15pm on Sunday.
However, that flight was also cancelled - this time only after the 320 passengers had boarded it - and so began a long night of frustration in the airport.
Margaret Fagan from Walkinstown in Dublin described what happened next.
“We’d all boarded the plane, already way past the 8.15pm flight time. At 10.10pm, the captain said the crew were out of working hours and couldn’t fly us home. He asked us to get off the plane. There was no other information,” she said.
Margaret had been so worried about missing the replacement flight that she’d made her husband John miss watching Sunday’s All Ireland final between Dublin and Mayo so that they could arrive early at the airport - a useless precaution, it turned out.
“No one showed us where to go (after the captain said the flight was cancelled), so we all just ended up back in the main hall of the airport, waiting for information. They (airport staff) just blanked us and spoke among themselves in Spanish,” she claimed.
“We asked for their supervisors, and they said they didn’t know where they were. We asked why we’d been boarded. They didn’t know.”

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/...ce-806689.html

Search this Thread