Connection procedure at DUB?

Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Connection procedure at DUB?

Flying BOS-DUB-AMS, all on EI metal, scheduled to arrive and depart out of T2 at DUB. Will I have to clear immigration, security, both, or neither at DUB? I have searched for people's previous experiences connecting through DUB T2 in general, and some people have said that going through both security and immigration is required, but others have only had to do one or nothing at all. I understand that they might vary this by where people are arriving and departing from, but what I don't understand is that it seems like all the T2 arrivals come into the same area and use the same flight connections path. So then how could the procedures vary for each person?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Immigration is all you will need to complete, quick, no hassle.

Security check may occur but chances are you will walk straight through, if you arrive before the Dubai flight, security is not required as all passengers arriving have already been screened to US/CA/EU standards

No customs check

Follow the signs to the flight connections, do the formalities and you will be back in the departures area within a few minutes
alserire likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Update: As you said I didn't have to do security, but to my surprise there was no immigration either. Just a quick boarding pass scan and then I was in the departure area. Couldn't have been quicker or easier. T2 at DUB is an excellent place to connect!
alserire likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
If I arrive from the USA and my onward flight is on SAS to CPH, do I have to re-clear security at DUB?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
If I arrive from the USA and my onward flight is on SAS to CPH, do I have to re-clear security at DUB?
Possibly as per my first response security checks start only to ensure passengers arriving from non US/EU locations are screened so if you arrive before the flight from Dubai you will be straight through

Security in Dublin is efficient

Its also going to be a long walk as SAS use the 100 gates and you will be walking the full length of the airport
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
My daughter and son-in-law are connecting in DUB on separate EI tickets, CDG-DUB (cash ticket) and DUB-LAX (award ticket). All flights are on CDG metal. They have a 3.5 hour connection time, arriving and departing from T-2 in DUB. Will they be able to get both boarding passes at CDG? What is the connection process? Not sure if they will have checked baggage. They will both be using Global Entry for the first time.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:57 am

As its two Aer Lingus flights back to back through check of luggage should be possible at CDG as well as boarding cards. But it must be requested and the CDG-DUB must have a valid checked luggage allowance if checked luggage is needed. Boarding cards can be collected at the connections desk in Dublin if needed.

Even if bags not checked through 3.5hr is enough to collect luggage and recheck

Follow the signs in Dublin for connections. Global Entry is available in Dublin. Your checked luggage will be displayed on a screen during CBP process, this is handled automatically in the background by baggage handling system in Dublin
Alan6557 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.